View Full Version : A few questions needing answering! :)

parasite
04-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi,

First of all i'd like to say im new around here, so don't slate me if this is in the wrong section! lol

I'm 16, live in Manchester, UK, and my questions are about the o2 XDA. (XDA, not XDA II)

Right, first of all, on this picture:
http://www.myxda.com/incoming/545118400-Z4Puzzle.jpg
There is a small thing in the middle of the display that shows the battery levels etc. Does anybody know how I can get this onto mine? At the moment iv got Owner, appointments, messages, tasks and the date.

Secondly, My o2 Tariff is the UK o2 Online 300 free texts/300 free WAP minutes one. When I was using my Nokia 6800 it gave me free GPRS - Am I able to use this tariff to use internet explorer, MSN messenger etc? last time I tried it dialled out to some number (something like +0!o2GPRS!o2UK or along the lines of that) and it stole my last £1.50 of credit :-/ .

And, finally, does anybody know whether the o2 XDA supports MID & MIDI ringtones? I used active sync to put about 20 .MID files into the windows directory of my XDA, but it just said it didn't recognise the file..weird.

Anyway, any help will be much appreciated, either post below or email me or catch me on MSN @ citystars2003[AT]hotmail.com , either way I don't mind!!!

Thanks alot.
Regards,
Ant.

Jeff Rutledge
04-23-2004, 12:11 AM
I think I can help with a couple of your questions.

First, the plugin you're seeing on the screenshot is Battery Pack by OmegaOne (www.omegaone.com).

Regarding ring tones, I have never tried a MIDI file, but I believe the O/S supports WAV files natively. You may want to look into converting your files over to .wav.