View Full Version : Sending keystrokes to ActiveSync

terrypin
04-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Bit of a longshot, but has anyone here tried sending keystrokes to the open ActiveSync window on the PC, using a utility or keyboard macro program?

I use a now obsolete package called Stiletto (long since replaced by PowerPro) but I'm darned if I can understand why it's not working. I can send keystrokes to other programs with no trouble.

My aim is to sync Avantgo automatically at scheduled times. (There is a scheduler in Stiletto, or I could use the Scheduled Tasks facility of XP). So I simply want to send these four keystrokes: 'Tab' (to highlight the first entry, in my case Calendar), 'Shift+F10' (equivalent to right mouse click), 'a' (to jump to the AvantGo entry), and and finally 's' (to Synchronize Selection).

Alternatively, assuming the obstacle is due to Stiletto rather than
some fundamental 'resistance' of ActiveSync, is it possible to use a
BAT file to send keystrokes? I should add that I'm not a programmer, but I have written simple batch programs in the W3.1 and W95 era.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Jeff Rutledge
04-22-2004, 06:58 PM
I don't believe you can send keystrokes via BAT files, but VBScript can do it using the SendKeys method. If you're keen to try it out, have a look at www.microsoft.com/scripting and search for SendKeys and they should have some examples.

Mobile_Bear
04-22-2004, 07:03 PM
try Automate (http://www.unisyn.com/)

I have not tried on ActiveSync, but works pretty well on any app.