View Full Version : OneNote SP1 Preview Released, Features Pocket PC-To-OneNote Conversion

Janak Parekh
04-21-2004, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/office/onenote/prodinfo/sp1/default.mspx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/office/one...p1/default.mspx</a><br /><br /></div>Microsoft has just released a "preview" version of Service Pack 1 for OneNote. If you've never used <a href="http://office.microsoft.com/onenote">OneNote</a>, it's a note-taking tool that's part of the <a href="http://office.microsoft.com">Office System 2003</a>. SP1 is loaded with new features, including picture and document integration, export to Word, real-time sharing, and more.<br /><br />The most interesting new feature, though, is the ability to copy notes from your Pocket PC into OneNote. Apparently this was a frequently-requested feature. Unfortunately, though, it's only one-way, so you can't take OneNote notes and move them back onto the Pocket PC. I hope they'll develop a better long-term synchronization solution, but at least it's a start.<br /><br />This <a href="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1211&e=3&u=/pcworld/20040420/tc_pcworld/115737&sid=95612664">Yahoo! News</a> article suggests that the final release of SP1 will coincide with the release of SP1 for the rest of Office 2003, which is slated for this summer. Scattered reports suggest that this preview is stable; let us know if you've played with it.

Jimmy Dodd
04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I've used OneNote a few times on my laptop but never really committed to it. One reason is that it doesn't work as naturally in a keyboard/mouse environment as it does in a stylus environment (it is really nice on a Tablet PC). The biggest reason is that it didn't support the Pocket PC. I try hard to avoid such general purpose apps that leave me with no mobile solution.

This is a good first step toward giving me access to OneNote on my PocketPC. I'll be glad to see true synchronization in the future if and when it happens.

I am curious as to why MS stopped at uploaded content from the PPC to OneNote. Could it be to just altogether avoid the issue of losing info on synch (a la Pocket Word, Pocket Excel)?

manywhere
04-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately, though, it's only one-way, so you can't take OneNote notes and move them back onto the Pocket PC. I hope they'll develop a better long-term synchronization solution, but at least it's a start.

Hellooo Microsoft, look here! Yes, do look here! Got your attention? Good, now read this carefully:
Can you please make OneNote for Pocket PC, please? Add it to your task list for Pocket PC 200(3+n), where n is a positive non-zero integer.
Thank you for you attention! :D

Now, back to the regular topic.... ;)

Janak Parekh
04-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Can you please make OneNote for Pocket PC, please?
If it's any consolation, you're not the first to ask. We as MVPs are begging for it... ;)

--janak

Jimmy Dodd
04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
The most interesting new feature, though, is the ability to copy notes from your Pocket PC into OneNote.

OK, after an exhaustive five minute study of the product I have found:

1) The phrase "to copy notes" refers to the Notes app on the Pocket PC. Anyone who got excited about there being a OneNote app on the PPC, please calm down; there is no PPC software involved in SP1, just an ActiveSync convertor.
2) The download is over 80 MB in size because it is the entire app, not just a service pack. To use the preview download you first have to uninstall OneNote 2003. When the final SP1 is released you'll have to uninstall the preview, reinstall OneNote 2003, and then apply the SP1.
3) The Notes viewed in OneNote are all copied to the same Section, titled Copied Pocket PC Notes. There doesn't seem to be a way of copying any folder structure in place on the Pocket PC to the OneNote organization.
4) The Notes are still viewable from Outlook and still retain the folder\name Subject line when viewed there.

Hope this helps.

Felix Torres
04-21-2004, 05:25 PM
One-note for Pocket PC?
Dunno...

One-note is *very* screen-area intensive.
(as in physical size)
The 4" VGA screen would help but I think you might need a virtual screen (pan-and-zoom) to handle OneNote files on a pocket PC.
I mean, onenote pages can handle a *lot* of data types and sources, not just text and ink...
Would a pocketPC version of journal do the trick?
Text-and-ink synching but no audio, video, or external links...

Ed Hansberry
04-21-2004, 05:32 PM
The most interesting new feature, though, is the ability to copy notes from your Pocket PC into OneNote.

1) The phrase "to copy notes" refers to the Notes app on the Pocket PC. Anyone who got excited about there being a OneNote app on the PPC, please calm down; there is no PPC software involved in SP1, just an ActiveSync convertor.
Bleh.

And this is just enough of a product to keep third parties out of the market but is about as bad as Pocket Word is as far as being a useful solution. :cry:

Zack Mahdavi
04-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow, I didn't realize how good OneNote was until today.

I could see myself using OneNote and a Tablet PC to take notes in my Computer Science and Organic Chemistry classes.

My next laptop will be a Tablet PC if they're still around in 3 years.

Microsoft, this is the kind of innovation I've been begging for! :)

Felix Torres
04-21-2004, 06:27 PM

I could see myself using OneNote and a Tablet PC to take notes in my Computer Science and Organic Chemistry classes.

Fear not, they'll be around.

Ramp-up may be slower than the optimists at ACER thought but most other Tablet PC vendors seem satisfied with the sales rate.
And as people start to take notice of onenote, sales are steadily increasing...
(at work, five of the last six portables we've gotten have been tablets. When asked if they'd give up their tablets, their users mutter stuff about "cold-dead-fingers"...)

HP, ElectroVaya, ACER, and Toshiba are shipping second-generation products; Motion Computing is shipping their third gen, so Tablets are *not* going away. If nothing else, because neither APPLE nor the OpenSourcerors have the tech to compete in this arena.

BTW, if you don't mind last year's model, check this out:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=711385&Sku=L27-1000&CatId=219

Its what I use.
Not the fastest Tablet, but exactly adequate to the job.

Best ebook ready on the planet, too.
(In the "over 9-ounces" category, of course.) >;-)
I get nine non-stop hours of ebook reading.
The NEC Versalite is great, too, but it doesn't have the jog wheel on the side for paging like the HPs...

Perry Reed
04-21-2004, 06:28 PM
I like OneNote and just installed the new version yesterday. So far it's got some decent improvments over the original release, especially in the UI. I will be trying the Pocket PC note import soon.

I use it on a laptop, but agree that it would be far more useful on a Tablet PC. I tried to get my company to buy me a tablet instead of the laptop, but was told "we're not bringing those into our environment". :(

joelevi
04-21-2004, 06:29 PM

2) The download is over 80 MB in size because it is the entire app, not just a service pack. To use the preview download you first have to uninstall OneNote 2003. When the final SP1 is released you'll have to uninstall the preview, reinstall OneNote 2003, and then apply the SP1.
3) The Notes viewed in OneNote are all copied to the same Section, titled Copied Pocket PC Notes. There doesn't seem to be a way of copying any folder structure in place on the Pocket PC to the OneNote organization.
4) The Notes are still viewable from Outlook and still retain the folder\name Subject line when viewed there.

Hope this helps.

So what have we learned here?

1) Your notes on your Pocket PC can be transferred to your OneNote "binder" including hadwriting, sketches, voice annotations, etc. You can then modify these notes & categorize them using all the OneNote features. Cool.

2) Any changes you make to those notes aren't reflected in your note back on the Pocket PC.

3) There are no folders/categories transferred with the note to OneNote.

4) But you still have the Outlook integration with the note where you CAN make changes to it.

So, should we just kill the Note functionality of Outlook and replace it with OneNote (or at the very least, replace the Outlook Note functionality with OneNote functionality when OneNote is installed)? And allow our changes to be reflected back to the Pocket PC.

Why don't we get rid of the Pocket Notes application and the Pocket Word application on the Pocket PC and replace them both with Pocket OneNote?

Sure, that won't happen until WM2003+n (where n>2?), but it seems like a better and more logical use of a handheld device, don't you think?

webagogue
04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Another one we got asked for a lot was PocketPC and SmartPhone integration. We had plans for this for the first release but the feature didn't make it in. We wanted to get this right, so having the chance to get feedback on the shipping product was very useful. It turned out that about 75-80% of users simply wanted to scribble or speak notes on their device and have them appear on their desktop later. We had been worried that they might want to see their desktop notes on the device, or worse, edit them there, but this was only requested by about 20% of the users. Since writing code for the device was far more work than we could manage in the short time we had, we lucked out in that most people wanted the cheaper thing.

http://weblogs.asp.net/chris_pratley/

I'm not holding my breath for simple OneNote viewing on PPC, much less editing.

Zack Mahdavi
04-21-2004, 07:41 PM

Fear not, they'll be around.

HP, ElectroVaya, ACER, and Toshiba are shipping second-generation products; Motion Computing is shipping their third gen, so Tablets are *not* going away. If nothing else, because neither APPLE nor the OpenSourcerors have the tech to compete in this arena.

Thanks for the reply Felix. I appreciate it.

I agree that Linux has no support for handwriting recognition. I disagree with you regarding Apple though. Ever since 2002, Mac OS X Jaguar has had hand-writing recognition support (called Inkwell (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/inkwell/)) built into the OS. It's one of the features that was carried over from the Newton.

So if Apple ever wanted to enter the Tablet PC industry, I think they would easily be able to. After all, all of their laptops are skinny, so converting an existing laptop to a Tablet PC shouldn't be that hard.

Steve Jobs has publicly commented that Apple will not enter Tablet PCs for a while because they are a "niche market." To tell you the truth, although Apple has $5 billion in the bank, they don't want to take any risks right now.

dochall
04-21-2004, 08:18 PM
I must have another go with Onenote tried on my tablet pc but acutally still prefer windows journal.

As far as the takeup for tablet pc's is concerned I think it's a question of marketing. I'm a consultant and everybody goes 'oooh' when I start taking notes on it. I certainly do more demo's of it than I have ever done of the Ipaq.

I think the problem is that it's mainly management that would be interested in it but they don't tend to make the procurement decisions. The IT guys see it as something else I have to support and their seems to be little focus on the management needs (unless it's a CEO) where it's not core business of the organisation. I work in financial services companies. They spend a huge amount of time on rolling out a 1000 desktops but very little in making their management more effective.

Felix Torres
04-21-2004, 08:21 PM
[quote="zkmusa I disagree with you regarding Apple though. Ever since 2002, Mac OS X Jaguar has had hand-writing recognition support (called Inkwell (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/inkwell/)) built into the OS. It's one of the features that was carried over from the Newton.

So if Apple ever wanted to enter the Tablet PC industry, I think they would easily be able to. After all, all of their laptops are skinny, so converting an existing laptop to a Tablet PC shouldn't be that hard.

Steve Jobs has publicly commented that Apple will not enter Tablet PCs for a while because they are a "niche market." To tell you the truth, although Apple has $5 billion in the bank, they don't want to take any risks right now.[/quote]

I'm familiar with inkwell, but do understand that Tablet PC features go well beyond handrwiting recogniting into some serious natural language tech that Apple does NOT have.

Yes, Apple could do a handwriting recognition computer.
No, it would not be competitive with Tablet PC.
Not in features and not in price.
(same reason he doesn't do Media Center PCs.)

And, as Mr Jobs said, the market is currently small.
Plus, its heavily skewed towards corporate buys and higher education.
Apple plays in the latter but barely in the former.
So, yes, he has better uses for his money.

OSUKid7
04-21-2004, 08:37 PM
OneNote is one of the best new applications from Microsoft in years. I'm glad to see they're trying to please more customers. Hope they'll follow some of the suggestions posted here, such as replacing Notes in Outlook with OneNote, and allowing full syncronization. Good first step though. :)

Oh, and my name isn't Various. ;) lol :lol:

webagogue
04-22-2004, 01:27 AM
...it duplicates what I would use Outlook Notes and Journal for without any meaninful outlook integration.

What would be really cool would be to kill Outlook Notes and add ink capability to Outlook Journal. OneNote could stay as a TabletPC tool as that is where it seems most of the benefits could be derived.

I'm really surprised at the number of people who still use Outlook purely as an email program. It really is so much more and can do a heck of a lot pretty well. I hear a lot of "gee whiz" over being able to drag and drop web content into OneNote. Hey.. guess what? You can do that in any Outlook 2003 item (except Outlook Notes). Pics and text all come over beautifully.

I really like OneNote but lack of integration into a system (Outlook and PPC) I've already invested thought and time will have me waiting to see what they come up with for v2.

gohtor
04-22-2004, 03:00 AM
And this is just enough of a product to keep third parties out of the market but is about as bad as Pocket Word is as far as being a useful solution. :cry:

lol I also find it pointless to rely on pocketword beyond some basic note taking.

I go as far as terminal services with a virtual 480x640 display to do some of my word and pc only applications.

krypticide
04-22-2004, 04:58 AM
I'd like to provide some more feedback.

To reiterate a bit, I feel that I speak for a lot of engineering students when I say that the Journal method of inking works best for taking notes in science and engineering. I first started using Journal to take notes, and it worked perfectly. Recently, I switched to OneNote, in hopes that once I learned the nuances of the program, the incredible file organizing abilities would more than pay off for all the work. Unfortunately, it hasn't yet. I spend too much time worrying about how to layout notes properly, and less time paying attention to the board. At MIT, this is a serious problem that even recording lectures cannot mitigate.

While note containers are wonderful for notes that include lots of handwritten text, the way they are currently handled doesn't work well for handwritten text interspersed with drawings. Let me list some issues and scenarios:

* Say I have a list, detailing the steps of a polymerization reaction, which include two types of reactions. So my first bullet is "Type of polymerization reaction". Then I would have two indented bullets underneath stating "Protonic acid" and "Lewis acid". Under each, I want to do a drawing of the polymerization reaction. Currently, the drawing is separate of the note-container. Since lecture notes are taken chronologically, once I start drawing the for the protonic acid, the note container stops. In order to continue my bulleted list, I have to use the "insert space" tool to *carefully* insert space in the note-container, hoping it doesn't move the drawing. Then I can continue my bulleted-list and continue with Lewis acids.
* Having to alternate between drawing and handwriting "pens" is annoying and as Journal demonstrates, can be avoided. How to make this work with note containers is a problem I leave for the experts.
* The improved selection of drawings is wonderful, but still not quite perfect. Something else that irks me is the conversion from handwritten ink to drawing ink, and vice versa. Why are the strokes moved around if I do that, especially when going from handwriting to drawing. I obviously like what I've drawn, so why change the position of ink strokes?
* There are issues with note containers arbitrarily deciding not to continue extending, such that as I write another note container appears to the right, usually overlapping, and just annoys me, let alone wreaks havoc on my note heirarchy.
* To distinguish between handwriting and drawings, you have to write fairly large. This creates problems not only with screen space, but with the overall look of a note. I like to write small, so I can overview more information at once. What I have had to resort to these days is completely disregarding the structure of my notes, making myself write down, rather than put drawings close together to better associate them.
* Why exclude search from drawings? Drawings are often labelled. With the current methods, text labels you give to a drawing are either part of it, or separate handwriting note containers. This can create a serious clutter, and the software has trouble distinguishing between text and drawing. You have to switch pens, and then note containers start piling up, reflowing inappropriately, etc.
* Why reflow when dragging things? Let there be an option to keep things the way they are arranged relative to each other.
* Why can't we change the size of rule lines? I'm forced to stick with blank stationery, since that gives me the most flexibility with note containers.

I feel that there are two possible solutions to this issue at hand. Either "fix" or improve note containers to better handle drawings and handwriting, with reflow as the key issue. The easier fix, and perhaps most flexible, is to allow Journal-style inking as an option. Therefore, when I'm taking lecture notes I can do that in the free-form way. But when I go to organizational meetings, I can use the note-container features.

To see examples of my notes in both Journal and OneNote, see these links. The dates of the notes can give you some incite on the improvement and adjustment I've made with time to using digital ink. That is why I've included multiple lecture notes.

http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0407L_LivingPolymers.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0409L_IonicChainGrowth.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0412L_cationic_polymerizaton.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0414_Coordination.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0407L_cloning.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0409L_%20CloningConclusion.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0412L_NervousSystemII.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0414L_Visual_System.jnt

I have printed my OneNote notes (including some notes I imported from Journal) to PDF to be viewed by everyone. I don't even know if they've printed correctly. The printing from Journal is much smoother. It'd be nice to have the ability to shrink ink notes to the page, without affecting other things like page headers. Writing ink at regular zoom makes the ink print HUGE on paper. Another gripe that Journal does better.
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/7.013.pdf
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/3.062.pdf

Overall, I am still impressed with what OneNote can do, and I hope that this carefully written response provides good feedback for the final release of SP1 in the summer.

jimski
04-22-2004, 05:17 AM
...it duplicates what I would use Outlook Notes and Journal for without any meaninful outlook integration.

What would be really cool would be to kill Outlook Notes and add ink capability to Outlook Journal. OneNote could stay as a TabletPC tool as that is where it seems most of the benefits could be derived.

Whoa, slow down there. Just becasue it's called One Note, it's not just for taking notes. I have a Tablet, but I use One Note on my laptop. I took handwritten notes in the 80's and did not like my handwriting then. It has not gotten any better. I have tried handwriting recognition tools for years (yes, I paid full price for a Cross Pad), but have never acheived more than 70-75% word recognition (about the same for Windows Journal on my Tablet). Until I can get to 90-95%, typing (even my 4 finger method) is faster and more accurate.

One Note is a great tool for compiling all the different parts of a project. I see it as a cross between Excel (virtual cells), Word (basic word processing) and Publisher (graphics integration). Ever tried dropping photos and other graphics into a Word document and then try to get the text to behave properly. Only takes a few seconds with One Note. That's the true beauty of the application. I will continue to take notes with Pocket Word (what it is best suited for) and then simply cut and paste the text into One Note anf with web links, photos, Excel charts, AutoCAD drawing, etc. etc.

I think One Notes is very user friendly and once people get to know it, everyone is going to want it. I am glad that have gotten started with the PPC integration, but please...leave my Outlook Notes alone. That is a completely different animal serving a different purpose.

What I really want is a is a "one tap" link on the PPC Today Screen to open a One Note Side Note. A quick place to jot down a reminder or thought relating to a current One Note project. On the next sync, the Side Note shows up in the Side Note tab of One Note. I don't need any backward sync to my PPC. Side Notes just get cut and pasted into other One Note pages anyway. Why would I want to sync them. Yes, maybe a To-Do list, but all the graphics, etc. I don't think it would be a very pretty.

webagogue
04-22-2004, 06:32 AM
jimski: One Note is a great tool for compiling all the different parts of a project. I see it as a cross between Excel (virtual cells), Word (basic word processing) and Publisher (graphics integration). Ever tried dropping photos and other graphics into a Word document and then try to get the text to behave properly.

My needs are much more along the lines of text data organization than any sort of rich content. Putting a pic in a Word table works for me. But do you use OneNote to create finished, polished docs? If it is only for data gathering does it make much difference if a pic lines up nicely with the text? I can understand the asthetic preferences but does it make a real difference?

Regarding Pocket word, I would rather not have to organize my data multple times. I use CLC Journal to sync with Outlook Journal. I can assign contacts and categories (which is used to define my projects). Very little rework. I capture data on my PPC and it is synced both ways.

jimski: but please...leave my Outlook Notes alone. That is a completely different animal serving a different purpose. If Outlook Journal gained ink capabilties like I'm suggesting then that shouldn't affect your usage at all. I'm curious though... how do you use notes? The only real benefit I see is lists for data that is important regardless of context. But I could get by with few text docs for that. So, again, how do you use Notes?

jimski: I don't need any backward sync to my PPC. Side Notes just get cut and pasted into other One Note pages anyway. Why would I want to sync them. Yes, maybe a To-Do list, but all the graphics, etc. I don't think it would be a very pretty.

Okay, nothing personal but this is where I rant... Why would I want to sync them? Oh, I don't know because I bought a PDA so that I could access important data from wherever I'm at. I didn't spend $400 US on a 4150 for the voice recorder or to play some lame games. I want my data with me and available when I want it. I expect my PDA to be limited in its usefulness in some areas (the layout may be "broken" or that pretty) but I should be able to view any bit of my data, anytime, and anywhere.

And krypticide... who is Jess and why does she say you "suck ass?"
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/3.062.pdf (page 6)

manywhere
04-22-2004, 06:39 AM
While note containers are wonderful for notes that include lots of handwritten text, the way they are currently handled doesn't work well for handwritten text interspersed with drawings. Let me list some issues and scenarios:
Eggactly, as the chicken said.
I would like to see the suggestions Krypticide mentions here, as a Pocket PC app. The notes application just doesn't cut it, and furthermore Notes sometimes thinks that my handwriting is some drawing when it just throws my letters around the place! :?

http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0407L_LivingPolymers.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0409L_IonicChainGrowth.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0412L_cationic_polymerizaton.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/0414_Coordination.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0407L_cloning.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0409L_%20CloningConclusion.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0412L_NervousSystemII.jnt
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/0414L_Visual_System.jnt

I have printed my OneNote notes (including some notes I imported from Journal) to PDF to be viewed by everyone. I don't even know if they've printed correctly. The printing from Journal is much smoother. It'd be nice to have the ability to shrink ink notes to the page, without affecting other things like page headers. Writing ink at regular zoom makes the ink print HUGE on paper. Another gripe that Journal does better.
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/7.013/lectures/7.013.pdf
http://web.mit.edu/andylin/www/school/3.062/lectures/3.062.pdf
What no cracking polymers? :lol:
The journal files were really cool to have a look at. Seems way better than writing on paper only to loose the paper in my backpack (that's the "organized" me). :roll: Just makes me wanna have a tablet PC myself... unfortunately, they're quite expensive and hard to find any "good" ones. :(

The OneNotes looked strange in PDF form. The handwriting seems to have become blurred thanks to Adobes PDF format(?)
However, the OneNotes seemed more organized compared to the Journal files and were hence more of a joy to read.

How's the handwriting recognition on the tablets? My Pocket PC's transcriber doesn't like my handwriting at all. (Writing "word" turns into "neigh" and other fun stuff.) I will have to test my handwriting on one before buying, I suppose. Probably doesn't like Finnish/Swedish characters (å,ä,ö) either?

Oops, a bit off topic, aren't I?

Felix Torres
04-23-2004, 12:00 AM
How's the handwriting recognition on the tablets?
Oops, a bit off topic, aren't I?

Your mileage will differ; most seem to find it better, some find it worse.
I bought pen office--which is basically Calligrapher--because it allowed me to fine tune the recognition for my prefered block-text writing style.
Word is SP2 will bring more configuration flexibility and greater accuracy to the built-in recognizer, though.

The thing about Tablet PCs is that are not just about handwriting recognition; the biggest thing really is the direct manipulation of data in a way that directly maps to our pen-and-paper skills. That plus the fact that underneath it there is full-blown Windows XP and some juicy hard drive space so you can literally carry a library in your tablet.
I do, anyway. :-)

webagogue
04-26-2004, 07:21 AM
I think the answers to my questions above would be interesting to others as well thus, my bump... [BUMP] :devilboy:

Glisson
05-06-2004, 10:35 PM
I have Onenote installed on both a latop and a desktop computer. I use PowerDesk to synchronise the two Notebook folders. I have updated some files on the laptop but when synched they come out wrong. The text, screen clipping and pics are there, but the subpage titles are not. Even if I insert new text at the top of the subpage it adds no title to the subpage. Any idea what the problem is? I even went in and did a standard copy and paste from the laptop to the desktop of the notebook folder and still no titles.

I'm bummed... :cry:

Glisson