View Full Version : ACT! Users: Anyone else wanting a FULL version for PPC????

leeraff
04-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Long time ACT user and Palm convert. Looks like I made the switch to PPC too soon.

Assisted on beta testing for Palm version of ACT! Got a free copy of ACT! for Palm for participating, then found my Palm too dated and unable to run the new software.

Instead of upgrading my Palm, I just converted to PPC hoping for a better device. (Still wondering on that one??? Lots of potential, lots of frustrations!!!)

Seems ACT! has no intentions of embracing the many, many, many of us who have left the Palm platform for PPC. Yes, they offer a Link but do I even need to go there with how limited that is? No ability to create custom fields, link contacts and events, create histories, etc, etc, etc.

Any other ACT! users hoping, waiting, wishing?

Yes, other software exists. PocketInformant is BEAUTIFUL, but links with Outlook which is infinitely less customizable and user-friendly than ACT. Just find, like many, many, many other ACT users tremendous benefits of that software. NOT with PocketPC..

jmiguez
05-06-2004, 06:02 PM
I too, am a long time ACT user. I found the ACT link for PCC to offer less than the one for Palm. But, it is still ACT and not Outlook. :)

John

JTEK
05-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Have you tried TransACT! for PocketPC? Really great conversion, but a hog on resources (like the Palm version). However, TransACT! beats Act! for PalmOS by a mile.

Check it out by clicking on this link (http://www.pinpointtools.com/s.nl/c.265243/sc.9/category.7/it.A/id.9/.f).