View Full Version : HP 2215 as Music Player

hoffm11
04-20-2004, 05:42 PM
I am trying to use my HP 2215 as a music player. I have a 256 MB CF and SD card with GSPlayer. The files I am using is Ogg 64kbs, which sounds great. :)

I want to use my 2215 outdoors while working in the yard, roller blading, etc. Is there any inexpensive cases that will protect my device?

Anything else that I should consider?

Thanks

delfuhd
04-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I sewed together a nice slip case made out of an old pair of jeans. I measured how big it should be using my 2215, then cut out the shape, and sewed it together. I also stitched in a thin piece of cardboard in there to protect the screen. I'll try and get some pictures of it up... but yeah that's the cheapest thing to do, it cost me only a pair of old jeans and part of a cracker box. :D

GSmith
04-20-2004, 06:01 PM
I use a Body Glove neoprene made for m100. It's a tight fit on my iPAQ 2215, but it fits in my (loose) jeans pocket. Replaces my wallet, too.

You may need to go to an aluminum case to prepare for falling on your PDA-containing pocket while roller blading.

I'll probably be going with a zipling earbuds for cord control (my current buds' wire likes to snag things.

Oh, and you'll need headphones with an L connector, then you can fully zipper the case with the headphone cord exiting on the right.

Kowalski
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
i ordered a leather case with my 2215 but i liked the default case rather than the custom one. is there something wrong with me because i quite enjoy the default case???

AggieJon
04-20-2004, 08:09 PM
is there something wrong with me because i quite enjoy the default case???

Yes, yes there is. :wink:

Len M.
04-28-2004, 02:20 PM
If you're going to be in your yard and your Wi-Fi network extends there, you can use Conduits' PocketPlayer 2.51 to play music files stored on your desktop PC via the network.

It works great for all MP3 files and most WAV files (up to 16.44.1 -- no 24-bit or 96 KS/s yet).

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

felixdd
04-28-2004, 03:33 PM
I rollerbladed with my Jornada 568 when I had it. It was in a case-logic slip-case, and also had a flip cover to "protect" the screen. End result:

http://members.rogers.com/felixdd/7.jpg
Note that the flip lid didn't break.

Moral: don't blade with your PPC. Buy a cheap MP3 player instead. You don't want to risk it.

Kowalski
04-30-2004, 07:15 PM
you are so lucky that you didnt brake a bone or two!
i cant understand why people are so mad about these kind of bone breaker sports