View Full Version : WordNetCE Freeware

ebswift
04-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Hi All,

I've just about completed my port of WordNet from Princeton to Windows Mobile in the .Net Compact Framework.

Download WordNetCE from http://www.ebswift.com/PocketPC/WordNet/ I'll still be doing updates, but it is quite functional at this stage despite having a few missing features. If you download it, please use my email form on my website to give me some feedback, thanks in advance!

WordNet is a free database from Princeton which links words in all kinds of ways. It makes a terrific dictionary and thesaurus at the very least. It's uses go way beyond that, but that's a bit beyond my scope.

My port was based on the original port by Malcolm Crowe which was for WordNet 1.6. My port supports WordNet 2.0 and is at a workable stage. I'll consider posting the source code once I totally complete the port.

Regards,

Troy
http://www.ebswift.com

ctitanic
04-20-2004, 02:52 PM
Your link has an extra comma at the end so itīs not working.

Steven Cedrone
04-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Link fixed, I'm going to move the post to the Announcements forum as well!

Steve

ctitanic
04-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Link fixed, I'm going to move the post to the Announcements forum as well!

Steve

You should consider to post this has news in the front page because itīs really good ;)

ebswift
04-21-2004, 01:30 AM
You should consider to post this has news in the front page because itīs really good
Hey, thanks for the great feedback!!! I'll try and get the rest of the menu items working soon.

ebswift
04-22-2004, 04:26 AM
I just upgraded to 0.53 so the history works (or should work).

ebswift
04-23-2004, 08:50 AM
I have just uploaded WordNetCE .99 with ALL features now operating. Please update to that version and let me know if there's any bugs. Thanks!

ctitanic
04-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Everything seems to be find. So now is time to compress the dats ;)

Janak Parekh
04-24-2004, 08:32 PM
ebswift, when you're ready please submit this as news using the link at the top of this page. Looks like a great program, and I'd be happy to post to the frontpage. :)

--janak

ebswift
04-25-2004, 12:02 AM
ebswift, when you're ready please submit this as news using the link at the top of this page. Looks like a great program, and I'd be happy to post to the frontpage.
Hey, thanks Janak 8) that'd be awesome!!! I've just made what I hope is a final patch, I might submit it through news later today.

If anyone was affected by the bug in the last release, please re-download, it should be all fixed.