View Full Version : help please, activesync says "attention required" when im trying to sync..

Chauzer
04-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I have an ipaq 4155, and im syncing through the USB cradle.. when i sync, it shows the calednar, contacts, and tasks needing "Attention required".. and then so i select "Resolve items" and then when i do that a box pops up saying.. ive tried disconnecting/reconnecting, and also soft resets..

"Information Type NOt synchronized"
"Items of one or more information types cannot be synchronized. Disconnect and reconnect your device.

To view all error messages and dialog boxes that require your input, you must connect to this computer via infrared or serial/USB cable."

but i am connected through the USB cradle? any ideas how to fix this? :(

thanks

Jason Dunn
04-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Give this a try:

1) Reboot your computer
2) Start up Outlook
3) Soft reset your Pocket PC
4) Connect your Pocket PC

...then tell me what happens. :-)

Chauzer
04-17-2004, 10:48 PM
that worked, thanks! :mrgreen:

Jason Dunn
04-17-2004, 11:34 PM
that worked, thanks! :mrgreen:

Good to hear. Sometimes ActiveSync and/or your Pocket PC get into a funky state and rebooting everything is the only fix.

Darius Wey
04-18-2004, 12:21 PM
I ran into the same problem (Attention Required...) when updating my Symantec AntiVirus definitions.

ActiveSync repeatedly said that I was unable to view the error message and that I would need to connect through USB to view the message.

So I thought: "Fair enough...I am syncing through BT anyway"

So I connected through USB and I get the same message.

Rebooting didn't help either.

I had to physically uninstall the program and reinstall it again before it would sync properly...ahhh, the wonders of ActiveSync! Revolutionary software!