View Full Version : 4150 wont switch on...please help

cruro02
04-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Ok - heres the situation. - just got back from two weeks vacation during which my 4150 got minimal usage. Last time I checked it it was at 34% battery (about three days ago). Went to turn it on today, and nothing. Ok, so I figure the battery has gone below minimum to turn the unit on so I connect up my USB charge cable (AC unit is at work) and leave it for 2 or 3 hours - still no go, and the charge light is not on :?: . Next try soft reset - no go, Ok desperate now, so hard reset - unit starts and I get as far as the screen alignment setup, and it switches off - wont re-start - hard reset again - starts up - runs for about 2 mins and switches of again -wont re-start again.. I've taken the battery out and put it back in, hard reset , soft reset and every possible combination, but no luck...
Anyone seen this before?? and more importantly, anyone got any ideas how to fix it???? :cry:

AggieJon
04-17-2004, 03:14 PM
It sounds to me like the problem may be with your charge cable. The ipaq itself seems to be ok since it started for a little while after the hard reset. Also, it seems consistent that if your battery was at 34% a few days ago, that it would have drained completely. If you have any way to get your AC unit from work I would try plugging it in to that, and if not, then you should at least check your cable's connection really well. Maybe try it in another port or another computer. That's my guess anyway. Good luck!

Wiggster
04-17-2004, 03:37 PM
so I connect up my USB charge cable (AC unit is at work)

Um, just to clarify, you have an AC adapter plugged into the wall and then into the device, right? The USB Sync cable doesn't charge the battery on its own.

AggieJon
04-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Um, just to clarify, you have an AC adapter plugged into the wall and then into the device, right? The USB Sync cable doesn't charge the battery on its own.

Hehe, I assumed that he was using one of those sync/charge cables, but if he's trying to charge it with the USB cable that came with it, then that's definately the problem. :lol:

cruro02
04-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Thanks fo the replys folks, Yes i am using a sync/charge cable - as i siad the AC unit is at work - so I'll have to wait until monday. Tried the cable on my other PC - same result. :cry: -
Someone over at the brighthand forums (I posted this there as well) has just posted saying that "USB chargers are very low current and if your battery is less than 50% or 60% I've heard that they actually REDUCE the charge" - so that may not be helping. I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday morning and see what happens then.. :(

Agian - thnks for the replies... :)