View Full Version : Outlook calender label colors lost when synchronizing from office computer to home computer

Henry
04-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Hi. I use an Ipaq 2210 and sync it with both my office and home computers.

My problem is with Outlook calendar entries. Whenever I color label a calendar entry in my office or home computer, the color label does not sync to the other computer. I noticed that calendar entries in my Ipaq do not have a label field so I guess this information is not sync'd into the device thus not sync'd to the other computer. But, is there a fix to this?

Thanks,
Henry

Dave Beauvais
04-17-2004, 05:51 AM
I label my appointments using Automatic Formatting based on category. That way, even if I create an appointment on the Pocket PC which doesn't support the label option, it shows up with the appropriate color in Outlook automatically after it's synced over.

To do this, right-click somewhere in the Calendar and select Automatic Formatting from the context menu. Add a new rule, give it a name and select a label. Then click the Condition button, go to the More Choices tab and select the category or categories you want to be auto-labeled. Click OK twice and all appointments in your calendar with that category will now be auto-colored for you! Since categories are synchronized, as long as you setup the Automatic Formatting rule on both systems you sync with, you won't have to worry about labels getting "lost."

This, of course, assumes you make use of categories. :)

Steven Cedrone
04-17-2004, 12:55 PM
I label my appointments using Automatic Formatting based on category. That way, even if I create an appointment on the Pocket PC which doesn't support the label option, it shows up with the appropriate color in Outlook automatically after it's synced over.

<snip>

This, of course, assumes you make use of categories. :)

This still works even without catagories. Just use automatic formatting but set the condition for the rule based on key word instead.

Steve

Dave Beauvais
04-17-2004, 06:02 PM
That's true, of course -- you could have it label anything with an "e" in the subject if you wanted to. ;) I personally find categories a more logical thing to base the labels on, in addition to being useful for finding and sorting entries by. You're right, though, there are many conditions that the Automatic Formatting rules can be based on.

Henry
04-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Dave - Great solution! Thanks a lot!

Steven - Thanks for your input too! I appreciate it.

Henry