View Full Version : Write-up on replacing screen on 4150?

AMonte
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I cracked my screen on my 4150 last week. I have a 1945 that I sort of melted when I left it in my jacket hanging over a floor heater. The screen on it seems to be ok though, so I want to try and replace the one on my 4150 with this one. I've already opened it up and disconnected everything that needs to be disconnected, but theres one spot in one of the top corner that won't come free so I'm not able to pull the motherboard out. I know there's a screw there and I took that one out already, but for some reason it won't come free. If anyone here has done it before, please show me how.TIA

AMonte
04-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Ok, I got the motherboard out but now I have another problem. I don't know how to get the black frame out in order to pull the screen out. Please, if anyone has any experience with this, please help. Thanks

AMonte
04-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Well, I got it done. It was nerve racking taking apart my beloved 4150. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it too, but at least it works now. When I melted my 1945 it did do some damage to the screen. The backlight doesn't shine as bright in some spots. But I can use it again and that's all that really matters. I'll eventually get a new screen when I can afford it but this is an excellent alternative.
.... And I'm back in the game!!!!

that_kid
04-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Glad to see you are back up and running. It's amazing how much stuff they can pack in such a small space. I opened my 4350 a few times and wonder just how in the **** did they do it.