View Full Version : Avantgo Channels

ntractv
04-16-2004, 09:01 PM
I took the survey a few weeks ago that Avantgo had out that after you completed your account was upgraded to 3mb. I just looked today and I'm back at 2mb and 455k over that. Anyone else have this happen to them that got the bump in channel size?

Jason Dunn
04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
We're pondering blocking AvantGo because their damn spiders are chewing up our server resources. I'll probably do a survey to see how many people are using it...

Zack Mahdavi
04-16-2004, 11:46 PM
I checked my account, and it's still at 3000k.

axe
04-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I use the Avantgo to check out PPCThoughts almost every day. I wouldn't like it if you blocked it. Maybe asking people to throttle it back (I will do this to my subscription in a sec...) to updating only once or twice a day would be better. It's fairly easy to configure.
my $.02
AXE

Jason Dunn
04-17-2004, 12:30 AM
I use the Avantgo to check out PPCThoughts almost every day. I wouldn't like it if you blocked it. Maybe asking people to throttle it back (I will do this to my subscription in a sec...) to updating only once or twice a day would be better. It's fairly easy to configure.
my $.02

Sure, good idea - blocking will be a last resort if we can't get it under control in other ways. Don't worry, the last thing I want to do is take away your access to the site! ;-)