View Full Version : Syncing an IPAQ 2210 with a Toshiba P3500 tablet via Bluetooth

pshek
04-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Sorry, I know it's not specifically an IPAQ question (well it is, kinda) but I am hitting my head against a brick wall here. Problem with the Tosh is that the Bluetooth Manager does not allow me to configure the connection properly.

I have created a COM port for the bluetooth connection to allow the IPAQ to connect which is reasonably successful in the fact that Activesync will pick up the connection. However, I then get told that Activesync cannot recognize the device because a) It's not connected properly or b) The device is not a Pocket PC. Now, seeing as the IPAQ is definately a PPC, I suppose it must be option a) which means I haven't configured the connection properly but like I said I'm lost with the Bluetooth Manager.

Can anyone help? Is there something on the IPAQ I should check. Anyone with the same kit out there? Many thanks in advance, peeps.

Steven Cedrone
04-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Have you ever sync'd with the Tablet using a cable? You need to set up the partnership first (and to do that, you must use a cable)...

Steve

pshek
04-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Yes, I've got a partnership setup.

draiken
04-16-2004, 09:48 PM
So, does it sync correctly using usb?

what bluetooth drivers does de tosh have? widcom?

pshek
04-20-2004, 09:13 AM
The Tosh is running the generic Toshiba Blutooth stack. I can't find any info on whether these drivers support syncing the PDA.

The PDA is partnered and syncs fine when using the cradle. When I try a service discovery from the PDA all I get is "service discovery was unsuccessful", which makes me think that the Toshiba Bluetooth softwareain't going to cut it. Just wondering if anyone can tell me differently?