View Full Version : Names for pocketpc's!

Aerestis
04-16-2004, 08:12 AM
I dislike the names of pocketpc's. I think they sound sort of silly sometimes. In another thread, I realized that I don't like the name 'ipaq'. It sounds like something a little kid would eat from their lunchbox, or would be on sonic the hedgehog. :)

Maybe this thead will die quickly, but maybe not. Do you have any names you'd like to see on a line of ppc's?

I like 'Möbius' because it sounds mobile. That made me pretty excited, because I thought it was creative and cool. I should be behind HP with ideas like this. :wink: I'd like to buy an Apple 'Möbius' next year.

I think I like möbius also because of science related stuff. The logo for the möbius could be a möbius strip. Is anyone familiar with that? It's a sort of 2d 3d object. It has only one face, your finger is always touching the same face no matter where you touch the strip. It has these really interesting implications on things like our universe or apparently black holes as well, but I haven't yet read up on that. I don't get it really.

This möbius logo would be a smooth milky surfaced object, like the new imac style. Like a nice looping ribbon of smoooooth. I guess it's sort of fruity :)

Anyone else?

Wiggster
04-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Ooh, I've got one: "OQO".... :lol:

I dunno, I'm one of those guys that accepts names as they come. I do like the name "Mobius", it's got that right ring to it. 8) *draws in two dots above the 'o' for that nice hand-drawn umlaut look*

As for me, any PDAs I own will continue on their names of "Wigglet", at least in my mind.

Aerestis
04-16-2004, 09:50 AM
I kind of like wigglet, but HANDMASTER or MOTECHNOBOMB is cooler.

edit: haha, adwignall, your little icon thing is great. I do like the wink

JustinGTP
04-17-2004, 05:56 AM
How about the HP "Justin" or "HondaCivicSi" or "Aerestis"?

OR! the "Mobilee", kind of like "Jubilee" (fancy), but mobile.

KenClunk
04-17-2004, 06:24 AM
How about the:
"Oh man, I don't know what I would do without this thing"

A bit long, but catchy huh?

Zensbikeshop
04-17-2004, 10:44 AM
How about..

The Illustrated Young Man's Primer

marlof
04-17-2004, 10:53 AM
I like 'Möbius' because it sounds mobile

I really think Möbius is a way cool name. I guess that's why Microsoft took that for their mobile devices conferences (http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/mobius2001-article.html) they've been having on a daily basis. I don't think a Pocket PC vendor would take it now. ;)

Aerestis
04-17-2004, 06:40 PM
way to take all the fun, microsoft

Pat Logsdon
04-17-2004, 07:13 PM
How about..

You sir, get some serious SF points for that. :mrgreen:

Zensbikeshop
04-20-2004, 04:18 PM
How about..

You sir, get some serious SF points for that. :mrgreen:

Why thank you....

Quite possibly the ultimate PDA! :D

Jon Westfall
04-20-2004, 04:44 PM
The HP Bacchanalian or the Toshiba Cohort are tops on my list. Perhaps we'll see the T-Mobile Pocket Pal Paul Phone Edition (and it will gain the horribly long abbreviation T-MoPPPPE

Zack Mahdavi
04-20-2004, 06:14 PM
I dunno, I'm one of those guys that accepts names as they come.

I'm with you... I just accept the names and refer to them by their real names.

Okay, there's one exception. I call my Powermac desktop "Frodo." :)

DeepThoughtPockets
04-21-2004, 04:09 AM
If you read the description of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," it was obviously an e-book of some sort.

Note: I mean the actual, that is the fictional, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," as described in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," the novel, that is, the actual, ah, skipit...

Janak Parekh
04-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Note: I mean the actual, that is the fictional, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," as described in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," the novel, that is, the actual, ah, skipit...
You mean... Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is a set of chronicles surrounding a number of characters and a fictional Guide which is the world's ultimate ebook. Well, ultimately inaccurate, actually a corporate sham, but we don't need to worry about that... I still want one. ;)

So much for being on-topic. :oops:

--janak