View Full Version : Random freezing on iPaq 1940

schaea
04-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Hello,

I hope everyone's holidays were fun. I'm going to make more of an effort to increase my participation on this board. Things have just been busy lately.

Now on to my question. I was recently in the hospital for a week. It was very sudden (went to doctor, he sent me straight to hospital), so my Pocket PC (iPaq 1940) was just left in the glove compartment in the car for a week (I wasn't allowed any electronics--stupid, I know). It was working fine prior to this. After I got out, sometimes when I turn it on, it will randomly freeze at the Today screen. It will turn on fine, but once the Today screen loads, I can't open anything. The power button won't switch it off...I have to reset it. This happens maybe once or twice a day. It couldn't have got that cold while I was there. It was always in the plus digits until the day before I left when it didn't go below -1 or -2 (celsius). Is this cold enough do do some internal damage that would cause this problem? If so, how do I rectify it?

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not. It has only happened once, so I am inclined to wait and see if it happens again before I do anything to deal with it, but in case it helps someone, here goes: the other night I charged it for the first time since I was back. It fully charged, and I checked in the "Power" program in settings. It said 100%. I started to type something and got a battery warning. All of a sudden the battery had gone down to 29%. Like I said, perhaps this was a fluke, but it may shed some light on the other problem. I charged it again, and it works fine.

Thanks a lot,
Andrew.

schaea
04-18-2004, 05:31 AM
Anybody?

Please?

Andrew.

JustinGTP
04-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Andrew,

You may just want to connect it to the power adapter and leave it over night and it should be fine. Also, the weather in Calgary lately hasn't been hot enough neither cold enough to do any damage at all - it should be fine.

-Justin.