View Full Version : Free Music Players that Suppory .ogg

CorysWorld
04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Are there any free music player for PPC 2003 that support the ogg vorbis format? I remember seeing it somewhere in the forums along time ago but I can not remember now.

Thanks,

upplepop
04-15-2004, 05:38 PM
PocketMVP (http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/downloads.html) is a very good one. Supports mp3, ogg, wma and can also play avi video files.

CorysWorld
04-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks,

Do you know if there is a way to have the screen turn off while the music is playing??

Fishie
04-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Winampaq as well.

Cornish
04-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I would also like to know if there is a way of turning the screen off while playing music.

If there is please let us know.
Thanks

Jude
04-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Aside from Pocket MVP and WinamPaq, there's also GSPlayer. They all play OGG and they all allow you to turn off the screen while playing music. In fact I don't think there's a player for the Pocket PC that doesn't have this screen-off feature, except maybe for some players you have to look for the feature in Options and assign a button to turn off the screen.

upplepop
04-16-2004, 05:12 AM
Do you know if there is a way to have the screen turn off while the music is playing??
I would also like to know if there is a way of turning the screen off while playing music.

In PocketMVP: Go to Settings>Configure>Advanced.

In the Function box, select Toggle Display, then press the button you want to shut of the screen. You can also map other buttons to perform actions like Volume (good for scroll wheels), Pause, Stop, etc.

Ripper014
04-16-2004, 06:49 AM
I would also recommend GSPlayer... the author just released a new version.

Tom W.M.
04-16-2004, 07:38 PM
I would also recommend GSPlayer... the author just released a new version.
He's always releasing new versions. It makes it very hard to write skins for the program when the format keeps changing. :devilboy:

Ripper014
04-16-2004, 08:36 PM
The format has changed...? I am still using the same skin I created months ago... I load in the new vesion over top of the old one and I am good to go...

maikii
04-18-2004, 07:29 AM
PocketMVP (http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/downloads.html) is a very good one. Supports mp3, ogg, wma and can also play avi video files.

When I've tried to play WMAs on it I've had problems, freeze-ups, etc. I don't know if it works better with OGGs