View Full Version : 4150 and battery drain

silentmuse
04-15-2004, 03:55 AM
I know this sort of thing has been discussed before, but I'm actually having trouble finding the threads, so I'll ask it again. :)

I just traded in my 2210 for a 4150, and I've found, for the second time now, that I've grabbed my ipaq in the morning to find it totally drained.

After the first time it happened I made a point of double checking that wireless and bluetooth were both turned off, and that Activesync was set to disconnect after remote connection and that there were no scheduled syncs enabled. Both the battery and powered profiles are set to have the ipaq turn off within 10 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Paul

bigkingfun
04-15-2004, 05:21 AM
I've had a similar problem a few times. In my case it seemed to be because the iPAQ actually stayed on and just the screen turned off. If you hold the power button down too long when you turn it off, it just dims the screen without actually turning the device off.

The other problem I had that seems to have been related was I had installed a really old version of the HP folding keyboard driver. For some reason, it wasn't letting the iPAQ shut off properly, as well as causing it to not turn on sometimes without a soft reset. It seems that this also kept the unit running while the screen shut off. I don't really know 100% for sure if this was the cause, but after updating the driver with the most current one, I haven't had the problem again (knock on wood :))