View Full Version : Congratulations To The New Mobile Devices MVPs!

Janak Parekh
04-13-2004, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpaward&style=toc#Windows%20-%20Mobile%20Devices' target='_blank'>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/de...obile%20Devices</a><br /><br /></div>Microsoft has just announced the newest Mobile Devices MVPs. They include: <li> Manop Agrasut<br /><li> Rob Borek<br /><li> Robert Boyd<br /><li> Rey Flores<br /><li> Mauricio Freitas<br /><li> Bob Katayama<br /><li> Pat Logsdon Yes, you read the last one right -- it's our very own Pat! Looks like Microsoft's been watching his contributions for a while, even before he joined our team. :way to go: Congratulations to the rest of the MVPs as well. If you want to know what the MVP program is about, see the <a href="http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/">MVP support homepage</a>; in short, Mobile Devices MVPs are recognized for their contributions in supporting the Windows Mobile community.

freitasm
04-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks , and well done for the others too :razzing:

yawanag
04-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Pat Logsdon, RAH, RAH, RAH! Congratulations!

Ryan Joseph
04-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Here we go again, Pat! Keep your towel handy, and you may want to get some of Zaphod's Peril Sensitive Sunglasses for MVP meetings. :lol:

Congratulations!

Rob Borek
04-13-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm BAAAAACCCCCCKKK! ;)

(ActiveSync team beware! :grinning devil: )

David Prahl
04-13-2004, 11:39 PM
A big CONGRATS to Rob and Pat!

ActiveSync team beware!

Thank God! A friendly! :lol:

Rob Borek
04-13-2004, 11:43 PM
A big CONGRATS to Rob and Pat!

ActiveSync team beware!

Thank God! A friendly! :lol:

My main hangout right now is the pocketpc.activesync NG. I'm a glutton for punishment ;)

David Prahl
04-13-2004, 11:45 PM
My main hangout right now is the pocketpc.activesync NG. I'm a glutton for punishment ;)

Assigned to the front lines, eh? :lol:

mmarlor
04-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Congratulations guys - so many MVPs, they must just be bursting out your doors! :mrgreen:

Thinkingmandavid
04-14-2004, 12:00 AM
AWESOME AND CONGRATULATIONS :!: :!: :!:
Way to go Pat and Rob :D
I am glad the two of you are recognized for your hard work and dedication.
(ActiveSync team beware! :grinning devil: )
NOw this I like :mrgreen:

JustinGTP
04-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Thats wonderful, Pat is a great person to fill in the MVP job - he has a great sense of humour!

Congrats to Rob too, I see you got it back, why were you dropped in the first place?

And this makes Pocket PC Thoughts filled with wonderful MVPs! Who is there now? Jason, Pat, Ed, Janak? Who else?

Yay team! :D

-Justin.

Rob Borek
04-14-2004, 12:08 AM

Assigned to the front lines, eh? :lol:

I've been having fun with ActiveSync since 3.0... incidentally, I never seem to have any problems with it :? But those that do... whoo boy, they can be fun to troubleshoot and fix!

Paul Martin
04-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Kind of feels like the home-team won! Congrats!!
:grouphug:

Kevin Remhof
04-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Kind of feels like the home-team won! Congrats!!
:grouphug:

No doubt. Congratulations guys. Glad to see some more great MVPs!

Pat Logsdon
04-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, and congratulations to the other MVP's! :mrgreen:

Pat Logsdon
04-14-2004, 12:46 AM
And this makes Pocket PC Thoughts filled with wonderful MVPs! Who is there now? Jason, Pat, Ed, Janak? Who else?
Brad, Marlof and Andy. :wink:

Rob Borek
04-14-2004, 12:58 AM
Congrats to Rob too, I see you got it back, why were you dropped in the first place?

Lack of time due to multiple crises happening in the MVP year (which was October 2002 to September 2003). Was out on strike for 7 weeks, followed up by layoff notice and a nasty fight to get another job. All that just left me drained. Nothing evil, nothing bad, and no huge fight with anyone - in other words, no excitement ;)

Jason Dunn
04-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Woo hoo! Congrats to everyone, especially Pat and Rob! :mrgreen:

Mike Temporale
04-14-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm BAAAAACCCCCCKKK! ;)

Rob I'm happy to see you made it back. I hope things keep turning around for you. Congrats.

And to you Pat, great work, congrats! I miss the SS name, :( but Pat is cool too. ;)

Zack Mahdavi
04-14-2004, 03:22 AM
Congratulations to everyone! Thanks Pat for being such a valuable resource at this site!

Mitch D
04-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Congrats Pat... This place is getting crowded, can't throw a PPC without hitting a MVP. But then again that's not a bad thing.

Chris Spera
04-14-2004, 03:32 AM
Congratulations to ALL!!!!

This is no doubt, well deserved.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Qman
04-14-2004, 03:38 AM
Congratulations guys especially my bud Rey Flores (Reydiodj) over at MPX200.org aka Mobile Gadget News, FYI he's also the Co-Manager of the North Cal Mobile Computing SIG.

Janak Parekh
04-14-2004, 04:02 AM
Congrats Pat... This place is getting crowded, can't throw a PPC without hitting a MVP. But then again that's not a bad thing.
What, throwing PPCs at us is a good thing!? Think of the destruction! 8O :lol:

--janak

Bajan Cherry
04-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks , and well done for the others too :razzing:
Congratulations to all new MVPs. Mauricio, I'll drop a line in your geekzone too.

enemy2k2
04-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Congratulations!!!

Kevin C. Tofel
04-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Way to go Pat and Rob! The benefits to this community keep piling up!

KCT

daS
04-14-2004, 05:15 PM
This place is getting crowded, can't throw a PPC without hitting a MVP. But then again that's not a bad thing.
Certainly not a bad thing from the PPC's perspective, but I don't know how us MVPs would feel about it - those PPCs hurt when they hit you. :wink:

reydiodj
04-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks Qman! And congrats to everyone else who made it too!

I did have a special message wanted to get out which I posted on our homepage (http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1179&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
).

Please visit at your leisure - best regards to all!

bobkatt
04-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Really appreciate the post here.
Being mentioned among the other MVP's is very humbling.

Hope I can live up to the expectations.

Bob Katayama

Newbie Microsoft MVP Windows Mobile Devices

bobkatt
04-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Like to congratulate all the others MVP's and hope to see you @ the next MVP Summit.

Hey Rey Flores. . . It's about time. :-)

So Rob, how's ONPPC been lately?
Haven't been there for a few months and haven't seen much posted on the website either? Too many MVP's and not enough Newbies? LOL

Bob

Jeff Rutledge
04-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Congrats to all! It's great to see the ranks growing!

Mitch D
04-14-2004, 09:29 PM
What, throwing PPCs at us is a good thing!? Think of the destruction! 8O :lol:

--janak

No throwing a PPC is not a good thing, but having lots of MVP's around sure it... As for distruction... well I live for that... LOL

reydiodj
04-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey Rey Flores. . . It's about time. :-)

:wink:

- glad to be in good company! :mrgreen:

bobkatt
04-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Hi Mitch and JR:

How's the snow in Calgary?
We have lots of sunshine and warm weather here in glorious Toronto now. :mrgreen:

The Ski Jump must still be in operation :D

Bob

Jeff Rutledge
04-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Hi Mitch and JR:

We have lots of sunshine and warm weather here in glorious Toronto now. :mrgreen:

Bob

I'm actually in the beautiful Okanagan Valley right now. Am on vacation at my in-laws near Vernon, BC.

It's been gorgeous here, but a bit of rain this morning has turned into a bit of a storm this afternoon. Should pass quickly though.

I'm off to Toronto on Sunday for the week actually. Hoping to take in the Ontario PPC meeting on Wednesday.

bobkatt
04-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Hoping to take in the Ontario PPC meeting on Wednesday

Hey that's great JR.

Welcome.

Bob

Rob Borek
04-15-2004, 01:20 AM
So Rob, how's ONPPC been lately?
Haven't been there for a few months and haven't seen much posted on the website either? Too many MVP's and not enough Newbies? LOL

Needs more attendees - it's pretty much been the regular crew coming out. Hopefully with the one month off to try and recoup we'll get more attendees at this month's meeting :)

bobkatt
04-15-2004, 02:00 AM
Needs more attendees - it's pretty much been the regular crew coming out.

I here yah.
Personally I feel we need more incentives to get member participation.
What we do not have which we should is monthly newsletter. At the end of the day though, no one has anything to lose to be committed in supporting the group on a regular basis.

Bob

mmc
04-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Congratulations to everyone! Go ahead Pat
:D

Mitch D
04-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi Mitch and JR:

Bob

The snow is annoying to say the least, plus it's warm enough that it's melting almost as quick as it came down. Slush city!!! :wink: