View Full Version : Things I want to do with my computer and Ipaq

a1point8turbo
04-12-2004, 11:01 PM
I have the ambicom bluetooth USB adapter for my computer. I am running windowns xp pro.
I have the ipaq 2215 with all upgrade activesync ect...
I want to be able to be able to be in my room( not on my computer) and be connected to the internet on my Pocket Pc. I also want to know how to set it up so that when I enter my room my PocketPC auto syncs with my computer( even if my pocket pc just continusly trys to connect untill it establishes a connection, w/e the case may be) Also is there any way that why i sync I can have my hotmail downloaded onto my pocketpc.
thanks
I have a LAN by the way that is always connected.
I have tried to figure out some of these things myself but then i always run into some sort of problem

Kowalski
04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
it is easy to set up the internet connection but when it comes to "automatic syncronisation" i dont think that there is a way to do this and even if you can surely this would wipe your battery very quickly because BT will constantly search for a device

a1point8turbo
04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
yeah i never really thought of that. As far as internet set up. How I did it in the past was with activesync via BT. Lately thought when ever i try to visit a website it says that it can not be found. I dont know if i messed something up so i did a hard reset and im back in stock mode. So if any one wants to shoot me a quick set up process...?
thanks

zie_edge
04-13-2004, 10:32 AM
yeah i never really thought of that. As far as internet set up. How I did it in the past was with activesync via BT. Lately thought when ever i try to visit a website it says that it can not be found. I dont know if i messed something up so i did a hard reset and im back in stock mode. So if any one wants to shoot me a quick set up process...?
thanks

You may want to check out Peppe's Bluetooth 'everything' guide: http://home.comcast.net/~spam-target/