View Full Version : 2003 - losing SD info?

GaryK
04-12-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't know if it is a coinidence, but since I updated my T-Mobile PPCPE all of my info on my SD casd has disappeared twice. Could this be an OS problem? Do SD cards get flakey? The card is a 256K SandsDisk. Any other ideas what could be happening?

:(

mightymission
04-17-2004, 03:52 PM
having the same problem...just got off the phone with wireless data group tier 3 at T-Mobile and the supervisor said that this is a 'known issue' and that the SD storage card needs to be formatted to Win Mobile 2003 and he reffered me to the MS PPC site and there was nothing on there so I came here hoping someone has a fix for this issue..i've also just emailed Sandisk to ask them about this formatting issue.

anyone have a solution..pls post it here..thx

mightymission
04-17-2004, 07:06 PM
on a hunch i checked the T-mo download link and they have taken down the upgrade, again :evil: . called back in to wdg tier 3 and they said it's not the SD cards it's the 2003 OS. he said they are working on a fix and will put the upgrade back up when they have the fix ready...hope that clears things up. i just wish WDG tier 1,2 and 3 would get their stories straight!

mobilebandit
04-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally I thought it was just my card. I lost so many things I should have backed up. About 20 late night songs/ideas/time/random ramblings. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Kelly
04-24-2004, 06:50 AM
0X Have same problem and T-Mobile is lost. Tier 1,2,& 3 groups need help just to connect to each other. I find support w/ T-mobile as bad as the rest. Like maybe AOL 9 (LOL ). Anyway, my solution to our SD problem: WM2003 wants to format the card and will continue to ask for Yes or No. Doesn't matter if you answer NO, it formats anyway. I use a Scan Disk card w/ a LOCK button. A inconvience but I do not lose my data or programs anymore until a fix is available. Just LOCK after writting to card. You can access card anytime, just can't modify or add/delete in lock mode. Hope this helps.