View Full Version : Alias: "Sniffer" used in latest episode! :D

Sydney Bristow
04-12-2004, 05:09 AM
Hello there! Well, I just thought it would be interesting to post about this newest gadget Marshall incorporated into Sydney and Vaughn's mission in the latest episode of Alias...^_^

It was a sunglasses with a sniffer installed on it, which would track and identify a certain signal of a hacker's pda :D Although most people here probably already knew what sniffer is for ages, I just found out about it about two weeks or so ago while I was looking into FTP for PPC...8)

kosmicki
04-12-2004, 05:36 AM
Sweet, that means all I need to do now to hide from the feds is turn off the radios... Or better yet, spoof my signal as something else ;)

merk1821
04-12-2004, 07:48 AM
Hello there! Well, I just thought it would be interesting to post about this newest gadget Marshall incorporated into Sydney and Vaughn's mission in the latest episode of Alias...^_^

It was a sunglasses with a sniffer installed on it, which would track and identify a certain signal of a hacker's pda

:drool: I want one....and i want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool:

Plus it is way cooler than that Kensington piece of crap

But seriously having a built in sniffer in your eyeglasses would be a great advancement. The ease of use plus the visual indications of any available network would make me snap one up

kosmicki
04-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Psh, if I want something in eyeglasses I want to be able to wirelessly connect to a laptop and use voice commands. Not a sniffer :P

piperpilot
04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
I just started watchin Alias and am on the 8th episode of the first season thanks to the wonders of DVDs and Netflix. I seem to recall seeing a 3600 series iPAQ on one of the episodes that I watched over the weekend.

merk1821
04-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Actually the hacker that Sydney is looking for was using a Dell Axim X5.

blot
04-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Glad to see some fellow Alias fans here on the site. I've got the first and second season on DVD and am anxiously awaiting the third season, when it comes out later this year. I like how Alias generally stays true to real world computer technology. They've made a few mistakes and had a couple of ridiculous mock up computer screens, but they've done a lot better than other shows in this respect.

piperpilot
04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
I just started watching the first season on DVD. I never watched it on TV before. What season is the show in now? I started watching last Sunday's episode with the sniffer in it and noted that ALOT has changed, so I am going to tape the show and watch it after I've watched all the DVDs.

blot
04-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I just started watching the first season on DVD. I never watched it on TV before. What season is the show in now? I started watching last Sunday's episode with the sniffer in it and noted that ALOT has changed, so I am going to tape the show and watch it after I've watched all the DVDs.
We're getting close to the end of the third season now. Sunday's episode was #18 of episode 3. We've gotten many family members and friends addicted to the show with the Season 1 & 2 DVDs. The storyline is pretty linear, so it gets confusing if you jump into the middle of it or miss a couple of episodes, so it is good to start from the beginning. We've had to download some of the episodes because we either forgot to record them or we couldn't fint the cable remote!

piperpilot
04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
The storyline is pretty linear, so it gets confusing if you jump into the middle of it or miss a couple of episodes, so it is good to start from the beginning.

You are so right about that. I am pretty lax about sending back DVDs to Netflix as soon as I'm done watching them, but with a show that ends in the middle of a mission, I have to send them back right away to get the next disc in the set so I can see how the mission concluded. With the little bit that I saw of episode 18, I'm amazed that they are still working on that ancient advanced technology. That plot was started way back in season 1.

Sydney Bristow
04-13-2004, 10:08 PM

I wanted to buy the DVD set too, but my parents said $50 for a TV show is not their idea of spending money properly... :oops: I want one!!! :?

Oh well...that means I can't afford to miss out on a single episode! 8)

Anyways, I can't wait for the next one, where supposedly, they will finally catch onto Lauren as well as "the Passenger"! :D

ale2999
04-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Alias is like the best show! the sniffer was neato