View Full Version : Bluetooth Activesync help ?

Shaun Stuart
04-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Can anyone give me any advice on using bluetooth to activesync with my PC and and My XDA2. I am using a TDK USB Bluetooth adaptor with the most up to date software (downloaded from tdksys.com this week).

Activesync worked fine with my ipaq but the XDA2 doesnt seem to work. I have the most up to date rom on the XDA2 (downloaded from 02s site last week, supposedly with better bluetooth support).

Activesync com port is assigned to com 5 on both devices but when I try to sync via bluetooth on the XDA nothing happens - literally nothing - no error, no dialog box or activity at all. (I have the bluetooth radio turned on on both devices and they are bonded)

I can send files via bluetooth between the devices so I know the bluetooth adaptor and radio works.

I have reset the XDA several times and gone through the setup process again but still no joy.

Any ideas ????

freitasm
04-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Have a look at this article: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2417

Shaun Stuart
04-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks - that did the trick. I think there must be a difference when bonded your device with activesync. I deleted the existing bond and started again using the above guide and it works great.

freitasm
04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Cool :D Good to know it's working now.