View Full Version : Yesterday I got to play with the 6300 :-) WOW!

iPaq6300
04-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I was able to play around with the soon to be released HP 63xx. I must say that it is the nicest looking full-fledged PPC let alone PPC-PE device I have ever seen.

The design of the case has finally reached a monumentous stage. It felt strong & gripable but a comfortable size. I have seen a few photos floating around in the past and from what i remember of those photos, everything is still there.

An interesting thing that i found out... the display is from Sony. This is the display that you can find on the 4145. It might have been just the excitment of viewing the device, but there seemed to be a nicer overlay to the LCD that gave the screen a more even and accurate contrast. Yes it still has the yellow tinting at angles. I am not longer bothered by this even though I am one of those who holds the device in such a way as to experience the effect.

There are (or will be) two different batteries for the device. The standard and the longer lasting big boy type. The unit itself was said to come in two flavour, one with the camera and one without. The case that comes with it is a very nice side-mount holster with magnetic closing.

I am also very curious to know if what I was told today is true. I was told that the WiFi was a 802.11g and NOT the 802.11b that I have read about. Aside from this, all seems right on with everything that I have read. Now after the fact, I can hit myself for not getting "positive" confirmation on the WiFi tidbit. I just cannot buy-off on the 802.11g statement.

As far as when it will be release? I was told to expect it in June through and only through T-Mobile. They have a 90-day exclusive with the product.

Sorry I cannot give you a juicy essay and review on the device, but I hope this helps give good positive hope.

by the way, i was told that all this information was no longer under protection. I hope this person was correct and I have not over-stepped any NDAs.