View Full Version : Media Player freezes during stream

foebea
04-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Heyyas all.. I got a wierd issue I think.
I have an Ipaq 2215 (wm2003) and it is connected to the computer via activesync (latest version).

I am using Windows Media player to watch tv on the ipaq. It is streaming at 400kbs (about 50KB per second) and seems to work fine.

After about 20 minutes or so (not the same each time, but always happens) the video stops, and the display does not update the top of the screen.

i can hit the hardware buttons to launch inbox and use it without problem, but the start button or any other top bar buttons do not show up, just the frozen image of the video.

I am able to softreset and restart the video stream, but it just dies again.

I am streaming with beyond tv 3.4 and it works fine on desktop with no issues, and i am able to watch saved videos from CF card without any freezing in media player.
:cry:
:?:
Thoughts?

foebea
04-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I recreated the setup using wcf12 linksys wifi card at excellent strength and the video freezes up (requireing softreset for normal functionality as before) after only 1 minute or so.

:cry: :( :cry:

Oh well. It only takes a moment to copy the compressed files to the ipaq, and only takes it an hour to compress an hour show. I guess I will live with that for now.