View Full Version : Ipaq5550 wifi hassles

Ratel10mm
04-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Hello all

Yes, me again - stuck as usual! :oops:

This time, I've managed to fix my lack of wifi connection by performing a hard reset, then restoring the backup without the wifi update. Of course, this has completely screwed up a lot else! For example, in file explorer, it doesn't remember where you last were, so you have to go round in large circles. :roll:
I suppose I'll have to hard reset again, then manually copy all the programs, etc. I want one by one to get everything working right. :confused totally: :frusty:

Anyway, I've opened a connection to my wifi hub, but cannot connect to any sites on the internet. I thought that with wifi, linked up, you could browse whatever you were connected to, be it a LAN or the 'net. Do I actually need to set up a modem access with my desktop ISP details? My only collegue with wifi (a Centrino laptop) says he has no problem - this hub is straight through to the net...
I confess I'm hoplessly lost, and would appreciate any help you folks can offer.

ATB
Ratel

SHoTTa35
04-07-2004, 07:35 PM
you prolly didn't go to the connection manager and state that "this connection connects to the internet"

Ratel10mm
04-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Cheers mate. Did that, but no difference. I've spoken to IT, and it turns out that they've got problems with the hub - must have happened after my mate got through it okay. Maybe I should report him as the guilty party! :lol: :twisted:
Well, I hope all's okay once the hub is fixed...

Next question: I went to HP's website to download the latest updates, and got the firmware update 1.00.18. When I tried to open it, I got a message saying "Failed to load control "richtextbox" from RCHTX32.OCX. Your version of RCHTX32.OCX may be outdated. etc". What on earth is RichTextBox? And how do I fix this? :oops: