View Full Version : i700 / BT headset? PPC 2003?

stevesurf
04-07-2004, 02:20 AM
I am considering purchasing the i700 through Verizon.

I recently posted over at Socket's forum. Has anyone a BT headset solution for the i700?

Also, are the i700's shipping with PPC 2003 or are upgradeable?

Many thanks in advance for the replies!

Steve

dangerwit
04-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Check out pdaphonehome at:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=65

The i700 is NOT upgradable to WME2003 at this time, and there is much speculation as to if it ever will be. We've been promised it's in the works by consumer reps, but we haven't seen or heard anything officially. All references on Samsung's websites were removed.

Basically, don't count on it. :)

The only bluetooth we know about is the Socket SD card, and it is plagued with issues. So, I wouldn't count on the 700 for either of those things at this time.

*Phil

Janak Parekh
04-09-2004, 04:22 AM
The only bluetooth we know about is the Socket SD card, and it is plagued with issues. So, I wouldn't count on the 700 for either of those things at this time.
Moreover, the Socket SDIO BT card doesn't support headsets, to the best of my knowledge.

The only way to get a Bluetooth headset currently working with the i700 would be to use an external adapter that plugs into the headset jack, like the one Jabra sells with some of its BT headsets.

--janak

pcmolnar
07-22-2004, 03:12 AM
I recently purchased a Samsung i700 and an SDIO bluetooth card for it. The card seems to work fine in it for most cases but I cannot seem to get it to work with the U-Connect hands free feature in my new Dodge Magnum. Has anyone had luck using a bluetooth SDIO card in an i700 for hands free? There's always a catch...The i700 can do everything...almost. The Jabra is looking like it might be my only option...I can train the lady in my rear view mirror to remember phone numbers that she'll never be able to dial for me. Next they'll be putting bluetooth on ice makers.

Janak Parekh
07-22-2004, 03:31 AM
No - no one has gotten it to work, and as far as we know it isn't possible, since it's unlikely voice is routed over the SDIO slot.

--janak