View Full Version : 435x & Nokia 3650 BT problem

OttoExecute
04-06-2004, 11:57 PM
I recently signed up for the t-mobile Internet plan and have had a great deal of trouble getting my ipaq 435x to log into the GPRS system via a Nokia 3650. After an hour or so on tech support with t-mobile, the only way I can connect via GPRS is to dial *99# and enter the following commands manually in the terminal window:

at (enter)

ate1 (enter)

AT+cgdcont=1„"internet2.voicestream.com" (enter)

atd*99# (enter)

I am hoping that someone else in this community has had this problem too and found a work around. I have been trying to fiddle with the dial-up string in settings but have had no luck. Also, I suspect there must be some form of software work around out there that I am not aware of. Worst case scenario is that I exchange the Nokia 3650 for the Ericcson 610.

Any help is much appreciated.

PROBLEM SOLVED
:D Managed to solve this problem by changing the baud rate to 57600 or under. It is a shame the t-mobile tech support guy didn't figure this one out yesterday.

Trimac20
04-07-2004, 02:10 AM
What a coincidence, I too have a combo of ipaq 4350 and Nokia 3650 (which seems to be gathering more dust after I got my PPC). Yes, I too had a few problems when using GPRS internet but unfortunately not related to what you are experiencing. Well, the real 'problem' is GPRS connection. It will probably actually connect every one out of five tries, and when it does it will be extremely slow; so I never bother using it. So personally I wouldn't worry over something as crappy as GPRS.

But if it will help, when I wanted to connect my phone to the net I just followed the instructions on the MSN website. There is a section which tells you how to use GPRS on your PPC using a bluetooth modem. You basically leave everything blank except the number to dial - *99#' and of course the title. I did that and everything worked fine (For awhile at least). Btw I am using Vodafone.