View Full Version : YEEEE-HAAAAWWWW! New News on WM2K3-SE

JohnnyFlash
04-05-2004, 04:59 PM
I dropped my E-805 on the driveway outside my house last week. I called Toshiba and got a service order number, and an RMA number in order to send it in to have the casing replaced. (It still worked fine, but there were some small scratches on the top left corner)

I tracked it via Fedex's site until it arrived at the repair facility in Milpitas (what a name) Calfornia. So, on Saturday I called Toshi customer service to get the return fedex number so that I can track it on it's way home.

Well, during that call, the conversation meanders all over the place until we get to WM2K3-SE. GET THIS: He tells me that there will be an announcement concerning the upgrade on Toshiba's site sometime this week and that (here's the exciting part, drumroll please) the announcement will be accompanied by a link to download the new OS, should we wish to perform the update ourselves!!!
If not, there will be instructions for sending your unit in to have Toshiba handle the ROM install.

YIPPEE-KAIYAAAAA!!!!! We're so close! (I'm in my office with the door closed, doing an absolutely horrible little dance that vaguely resembles the cabbage patch).

GO TOSHI, IT'S THE UPGRADE, GO TOSHI, IT'S THE UPGRADE!!!!

(If it wasn't highly irregular and inappropriate, I'd drive out there and kiss their butts) :D 8O :oops: :mrgreen:

Fishie
04-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Whoooooooooooo so hope this is true.

Jon Westfall
04-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Getting back On topic- you lucky toshiba people... does anyone know if its just a patch / upgrade or an entire new ROM?

Kati Compton
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Off-topic argument moved here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26623

Falstaff
04-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Getting back On topic- you lucky toshiba people...

Wow, when was the last time anyone said that in this forum? It seems that all most people say is how bad Toshiba and its customer service are, looks like the tables are turned, Muwahhahahaha, ohh yeah, Blammage, did he say just for the 800s, or did he not mention that at all? Go Toshiba!

JustinGTP
04-06-2004, 12:47 AM
What does this mean for the Ipaqs out there? An update for us too? I hope that it is soon, and judging by having Toshiba hand it out this week, lets hope HP Follows!

:D:D:D:D

-Justin.

Pony99CA
04-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Wow, when was the last time anyone said that in this forum?

I wondered that myself. Toshiba often does not provide upgrades for even recently released Pocket PCs.

It seems that all most people say is how bad Toshiba and its customer service are, looks like the tables are turned, Muwahhahahaha, ohh yeah, Blammage, did he say just for the 800s, or did he not mention that at all? Go Toshiba!
So was any update released? I'm an iPAQ user, not a Toshiba guy, but I'm curious if it came out. I didn't see anything in Toshiba's Customer Service (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp) application.

Steve

Fishie
04-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Wow, when was the last time anyone said that in this forum?

I wondered that myself. Toshiba often does not provide upgrades for even recently released Pocket PCs.

It seems that all most people say is how bad Toshiba and its customer service are, looks like the tables are turned, Muwahhahahaha, ohh yeah, Blammage, did he say just for the 800s, or did he not mention that at all? Go Toshiba!
So was any update released? I'm an iPAQ user, not a Toshiba guy, but I'm curious if it came out. I didn't see anything in Toshiba's Customer Service (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp) application.

Steve

Its officialy anounced as being a free upgrade around mid may.

cklaszlo
04-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Do we know if wm3002se has better wi-fi management? I really like config free (that free download from Tosh) but it's a hassle that you can't click on the moving icons to connect to the network.

whydidnt
05-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Has anyone actually heard anymore about this? I know there have been reports of Toshiba confirming the upgrade, but I haven't actually seen an announcement from Toshiba that this is happening. Nothing on the Web Site, no press announcements, etc... If it is actually going to happen, why are they so quiet about it?

I've been holding off an E-800 purchase until I am POSITIVE an upgrade will be coming - however, now I'm wondering if A) One is coming, and B) is Toshiba exiting the US WM market - as Brighthand is rumoring about today. Any thougths?

Carcharios
05-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Will this apply for the e740 too or just the 800 series?

DC

Janak Parekh
05-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Will this apply for the e740 too or just the 800 series?
Seeing as how Toshiba refused to release a WM2003 upgrade on the e740 in the first place, I'm quite certain we won't see a WM2003SE upgrade either.

--janak