View Full Version : PDA Signature capture

ChrisClarke
04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi,
we are writing a PDA delivery system and are looking for a good .net signature capture control that is capable of being used for legal proof of delivery..

i've written a simple control that just stores co-ordinates of the lines that make up the signature but are looking for something abit more complex..

anybody done anything like this? or know any good companies?

rgds
chris

marcelol
04-05-2004, 10:07 PM
What is it that's "missing"...I don't know of any "signature verfication" controls out there, but if you're capturing OnMouseMove, or if you

Here's a couple of links to get you thinking in a different direction ( think.."Hey...recognize this for me" )

http://www.tabletpctalk.com/developer/tabletReco/index.shtml

There is recognizer support in .NET and I'm pretty sure that there's a way to get what's discussed in the following article to work as well:

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/im.html

Let me know if you run into a snag, and we can discuss it further....by the way...my bill for the consult is in the mail.

8O Marcelo 8O

PS> Boy is calling me a "pocketpc neophyte" ever a misnomer or what ?
PPS> Is that a Compaq C-40 HPC with CE2.10 and 6Mb of Ram running your first multi-threaded CE drawing program from 1996, in your pocket, Marcelo, or are you just happy to see me ?

Jon Westfall
04-05-2004, 10:49 PM
by complex do you mean verification or the ability to translate it to text? It would seem to me that verification would be pretty easy once the translation to text was implemented. Perhaps use builtin transcriber or calligrapher if you don't need the signature stored, just verified.

ChrisClarke
04-06-2004, 11:52 AM
hi,
cheers for the info.. by complex info i mean like speed of stokes of the signature and stuff like that.. i don't want to convert it to text.. its a delivery confirmation system like UPS or FEDex have for confirming that they have delivered parcels... if you use desktop signature capture systems they capture extra biometric data like pressure and speed and encode it into the file with an image of the signature so that the signature can be proved to be somebodys..

just not sure how a signature captured on a pda will hold up in a legal case if there was a dispute about whether that signature captured on the pda was actualy theres..

rgds
chris