View Full Version : WMP9 and playback of media files

Darius Wey
04-04-2004, 08:54 AM
I've got heaps of media files on my SD card on my ipag 1940.

occassionally, i find that while i'm playing some files, it'll just stop at a point and it can't go any further. it only works again, once i eject the card and start playback again.

any answers?

omikron.sk
04-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Maybe a SD is broken, maybe WMP9 doesn't like. Did you try any other player?

I've had similar problems, when I've been listening to the music on my CF card (using WMP9, too) - it just stopped in the middle of the one track and moved to the next, but since I have music on the SD I've had no problem with that.

Darius Wey
04-04-2004, 11:36 AM
i'm sure my sd card is fine...but if u've been having the same probs with your CF card, this leaves me to think it's a memory card initialisation problem within WMP itself.

and no...i haven't tried another player. it hasn't bothered me enough to warrant installing another player.

omikron.sk
04-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Just a few minutes ago, while I was travelling back home from work and listened to a music (on my PPC), quite strange thing happened to me. My iPaq simly turned itself off. I am pretty sure that I didn't press the power button and have no app, that could do that installed. However it happened for the fourth (or so) time since I've got my iPaq. Don't you experience this behaviour? Does your iPaq stay on when it stops playing?

Darius Wey
04-05-2004, 12:41 AM
My iPAQ doesn't turn itself off while playing. But if nothing's running, my iPAQ is normally set to turn off by itself after a certain time period (I think it's 3 mins) to save power. Is this what you're talking about?

omikron.sk
04-05-2004, 02:37 PM
No, WMP9 turns this future off, while it's playing, I'm sure that it isn't this case. My iPaq is also set to 3 mins auto-suspend, but I use WMP9 regularly and for time longer than 3 mins (I use it for tens of mins).

Darius Wey
04-06-2004, 04:27 AM
nope, i don't have this problem.

actually, as i'm writing this, i've been listening to my mp3s through wmp9 for 2hrs, and my ipaq hasn't switched off.

Janak Parekh
04-06-2004, 07:09 AM
When it gets confused, is the SD card still visible/manipulatable from File Explorer?

--janak

Darius Wey
04-06-2004, 02:38 PM
what did u mean by 'confused'? are you referring to the point where it can't play the track?

if so, yes...the card is still visible and manipulatable within File Explorer.
The card also reports back correctly in the Memory screen of the Settings menu. In fact, it all seems to work fine except sometimes it just can't play parts of a certain track.

KenClunk
04-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Just a thpught but maybe another program is running causes the music to stop.

In WMP under tools for audio and video there is a setting that you can tell it to pause when using another program. Maybe even though you might not realize it a program is opening up and thus causes it to pause.

Darius Wey
04-08-2004, 12:40 AM
Funnily enough, when I posted the original post, I never got another instance of this occurrence.

I usually transfer my files to my SD card via a USB2 card reader. Since I made the original post, I've been right-clicking on the drive and selecting "Eject" before I physically remove the card from the reader. I never used to do this. Either this is the reason why the magical "pauses" used to occur or it's just a pure coincedence.

Either way...I'm happy now! :mrgreen:

omikron.sk
04-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Funny, but do you think that this may cause your problems? (that this may cause any problems at all?)

Darius Wey
04-08-2004, 01:23 PM
:twisted: <-- very very very twisted.

as soon as i checked back this post, it happened again. :roll: