View Full Version : XDA II ROM Update Released

Janak Parekh
04-03-2004, 10:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.xda-2.co.uk/downloads/xda2_upgrade.html' target='_blank'>http://www.xda-2.co.uk/downloads/xda2_upgrade.html</a><br /><br /></div>A ROM update for the O2 version of the XDA II has been released. Improvements include: <li> Incorporates Service Pack 1 from Microsoft<br /><li> Java Midlet Manager<br /><li> A new version of Photo Contacts Caller ID<br /><li> Updates to support O2 Active and O2 Video Downloads<br /><li> Updated of Bluetooth Manager, with better support for Headset and Serial Port profiles<br /><li> Less tasks active at device startup<br /><li> New version of O2 Active I'm assuming this only works (and/or should only be used) with the O2 version. I'll be curious to see if Carrier Devices and other OEMs release updates as well in the near future.

Paragon
04-03-2004, 11:05 PM
I'll be curious to see if Carrier Devices and other OEMs release updates as well in the near future.

This I believe brings O2 up to par with iMate and T-Mo who have previously released updates. T-Mo have posted two, and I have heard reports that iMate are working on another now.

....btw, it's a beautiful day here in Seattle. ;)

Dave

Wes Salmon
04-03-2004, 11:16 PM

Isn't that the truth!! Hopefully spring has sprung and no more rain for a while.

Paragon
04-03-2004, 11:32 PM

Isn't that the truth!! Hopefully spring has sprung and no more rain for a while.

Hey Dude, will we see you this week?

surur
04-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Finally!!! Ive been reluctant to download any of the other roms, in case I screw up my machine and have to return it. Now at least there is an official rom upgrade. Here we go...

Surur

Edited to remove inadvertent screw up :)

ctmagnus
04-04-2004, 02:59 AM
in case I screw u my machine

:rotfl:

Typos are funny!

Arne Hess
04-04-2004, 03:12 AM
I'll be curious to see if Carrier Devices and other OEMs release updates as well in the near future.
The i-Mate is already 1.60 for a long time but 1.66 is already in the pipe. :-) Have it here and it contains some serious improvements! To be released soon and announced on PPCW.Net - as always... ;-)

BTW, it's really a beautiful weather here in Seattle, now Wi-Fi connected in my hotel room with my brand new Wi-Fi G router... ;-)

orinoco
04-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi folks:

Will this update work for a T-Mobile MDAII which currently has the 1.60.00 WWE ROM??

Thanks in advancd for any info you can pass along.

Fernando

cookie_monster
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Downloading it as I type this message.

The latest upgrade to the i-mate™ Pocket PC is now available for download in both English and Arabic versions. It includes the security fix for MSN® Messenger, configuration settings for the Bluetooth Serial Port profile, improvements in handling SMS and the latest radio version.
The upgrade will erase all existing information on your device. It is strongly recommended that you synchronise your Contacts, Callender, Mail and Tasks to your PC before updrading your device.

The details of the ROM image are:
Rom version 1.66.00wwe
Radio version 1.10.00

Barbay1
04-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Can someone please post a link to the latest i-Mate ROM update? I looked in Club iMate but didn't see it there. :?: Thanks!

Barbay1
04-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Never mind -- I found it. :oops:

cookie_monster
04-04-2004, 08:25 PM
in order to seethe update you need to log into the site first as a member. Then go to the go to tools>device update and select your device.

hope that helps.

RC
04-04-2004, 09:35 PM
I have bought my phone in Sweden and it is called Qtek 2020.

It has the ROM version 1.52.00WWE
ROM date 10/23/03
Radio version 1.05.15

Is it the same upgrade for all Xda II or is O2 something special, will i brake my phone?

Thanks!

mcalbala
04-09-2004, 12:49 AM
for the i-mate upgrade, you have to select the full device upgrade. Only then will you see the reference to the ROM upgrade as 1.66.

It is within club i-mate and under device upgrade for those looking for it.

I ran the upgrade with no issues.

Kadegboye
06-04-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi there,
Now that a new ROM upgrade has just been released for I-Mate, does anybody know if there is a further upgrade for XDA II for those who likes the O2 interface?
Kay