View Full Version : OwnerInfoX and 4150/5

squiggs1982
04-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Hi everybody! (Dr. Nick voice on! :D )

I've recently bought a 4150 and tried to install ownerinfox on it, but it simply refuses to go on! Has anyone done this?
I had it on my 2210 without any issues at all and it was WM 2003?

Anybody have any suggestions? I had a look at a couple of the other things suggested in another thread, but didn't like them. Really really really really want ownerinfox. I'd PAY for it! I had assumed that the 2210 and the 4150 were pretty much identical, so I cant understand it!

Please! :(

Cheers!
Adrian

Jason Dunn
04-02-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm not familiar with the program, so can you describe what the problem is when you try to install it? Are you installing it to main RAM, Flash ROM, or a memory card? Try main RAM - that's the most trouble-free.

karinatwork
04-02-2004, 04:48 AM
If you install it into the main memory, it will work. Had the same problem.

:)

squiggs1982
04-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Well thanks for replying guys!

@Jason, the program simply allows you to customise the owner information of the PPC a little and add a small picture if you like. It's similar to BetterToday, but not nearly as clumsy. It doesn't have a dedicated installer, you have to drag the ppc executible to your ipaq and run it from the device itself.

@Katrina, I just dragged it to the "temp" folder on my pocketpc and ran from there, but it just tells me its an invalid program. Don't have a memory card in at the mo anyways. Where did you put it? :(

Thanks!

squiggs1982
04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Got It!! :D Your comment about putting in main memory made me think, so I put it in the ipaq file store! Bingo!!! This really is a fantastic prog!

Cheers!

Kowalski
04-02-2004, 10:03 PM
yes i use ownerinfox too, but i ask myself that is this program vital?