View Full Version : Wireless Stereo Headphones with mic - The Dream - How long must we wait?

OldAuzzie
04-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Imagine walking around your home with high quality wireless stereo headphones(Sennheiser HDR45 type quality or maybe even Bose with their great noise reduction) with mic, listening to your favorite music and you get a phone call on skype on your IPAQ and the music is automatically shunted while you carry on a conversation using the microphone attached to your headphones!! Bluetooth, WiFI, RF ?? Who will bring the solution to the market. The wait is very frustrating!!!!

Visited www.goodcans.com and future doesn't look near for this technology. Bluetooth V. 2 still smoldering. It may lose out to WiFi or ?????????? if they don't get off the dime and stop trying to recoup development costs of V 1 and 1.1. before releasing 2.0. What is currently available drives most of backed to wired headphones. Anyone aware of anything promising coming out of CES or anywhere else?

Just curious.

Kowalski
04-01-2004, 07:38 PM
we share the same dream. i've always wanted a BT headphone
in the end what is the BT for? to cut out the wires, isnt it!
think of it , will be so cool and functional if extra control buttons were on the headphone
but i realy dont mind if it has mic or not

uniquexme
03-09-2005, 08:10 AM
hi there, i m having a bluetooth MP3 player. So basically, u connect d bluetooth 2 ur phone, then listen 2 d MP3 from the device itself. So when there is a call, ur mp3 will suspense, allowing u to answer ur call.

http://www.boomgear.com/prod_mp_825.html

check the above link out. have been using it for 1/2 yr, not bad device after. kinda expensive 2. (at least for me)

haven't tried on my new O2 mini yet (arriving 2molow). m pretty sure it works with skype.