View Full Version : Handango Avoiding My Messages?

Zack Mahdavi
03-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey all,

I think Handango is avoiding my tech support messages. Here's what happened.

On March 12, 2004, Handango sent out its "New&Notable" email newsletter. The "featured software" was OmegaOne's 1-Calc, which was advertised for $9.99. I really liked the looks of the program, so as soon as I received the email (same day), I clicked the link to add the product to my cart.

However, the price in the cart for 1-Calc was $14.99. I sent an email to Handango that very day (Friday) pointing out the error. No reply... the following Wednesday, I sent out another email. Still no reply, but instead Handango updated the web version of their newsletter (www.handango.com/NewNotablePocketPC) to reflect the new $14.99 price of 1-Calc.

The following Monday, I sent another email, along with that Friday. Still no reply from Handango...

This is extremely upsetting that they will refuse to even reply to my emails. They advertised a product for $9.99, yet, the very same day you add it into the cart, and it shows up for $14.99. Sure, it could be a mistake, but why have they not replied in 2 weeks?

This is extremely upsetting, especially considering Handango used to be the only place where I bought Pocket PC software. I've spent a good $150 on Pocket PC software there, and instead of showing appreciation, they completely blow my support requests off.

Good business? I don't think so.

Any suggestions on how I get Handango talking?

JohnnyFlash
03-31-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure how to get Handango to treat you with a little dignity and courtesy. But, I can tell you that in the future, I'd buy my software at Pocketgear.

They usually either have or match the same specials/pricing as Baddango. Plus, in my neck of the woods, they're even cheaper since Crapdango charges sales tax, and Pocket Gear does not.

Besides which, I've always gotten better service from PG. I guess they just care more.

Zack Mahdavi
03-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the support, Blammage.

I forwarded a link to this topic to the Public Relations contact and also to the sales department at Handango. I'm determined to get them talking.

If I don't get a reply within the next couple of days, I will definitely report them to the BBB.

Too bad things have changed... I used to love dealing with Handango a couple years ago.

Zack Mahdavi
03-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Wow, I received a quick reply from Handango apologizing and offering me a $5 discount for 1-Calc. I feel much better now. Thanks Handango, but please work on improving your customer support.

buzzard
03-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Handango recently started its own website:
http://forum.handango.com/

I wonder if they'll respond if they ever get anything to respond to ?
:lol:

JohnnyFlash
03-31-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm glad this worked out ZKMusa. Congrats!

Zack Mahdavi
04-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Handango recently started its own website:
http://forum.handango.com/

I wonder if they'll respond if they ever get anything to respond to ?
:lol:

I hope so... they really need to improve their customer support..

Thanks Blammage.. I am too. :D