View Full Version : Wireless printing for IPAQ !!

rugerx
03-31-2004, 03:49 PM
Dont know if anyone has posted this, I had not seen this until today.

www.hp.com/go/pocketpcprint.

WIFI, BT and IR printing for IPAQ, and its free and works great!

Just used it.

wesley762
04-01-2004, 02:11 AM
incredable program. I have been using this at home and work for about a year now. one of the better print programs out there and hard to beat free.

Darius Wey
04-01-2004, 02:45 AM
HP Mobile Printing has been around since the dawn of time...but glad u found it! Bit of a stupid statement though - but I'd like to see more support for the Canon and Epson printers within the program (but this is a huge ask seeing as though it's an HP program) :wink:

blumma
04-24-2004, 08:56 PM
A very cool program. Just set up my HP and my Epson printer.

zellman
05-13-2004, 05:04 PM
I can't get it to work very well with my LaserJet 4000. It doesn't have a specific printer type listed. I tried the laserjet monochrome printer but when I print a test page a 7MB file spools through the queue. Any ideas?

Darius Wey
05-14-2004, 01:15 AM
I can't get it to work very well with my LaserJet 4000. It doesn't have a specific printer type listed. I tried the laserjet monochrome printer but when I print a test page a 7MB file spools through the queue. Any ideas?

Your best bet is to just try a generic driver (if listed), or try a model number remotely related to the 4000 series if it exists. Otherwise, if it's not there, there's nothing much you can do.

I tried to get it to work with one of my Canon printers (which isn't listed there) and although I'll admit I haven't tried that hard, I haven't really got it to work with that printer yet.

Stephen Beesley
05-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Very useful programme except for one problem in my case - my work uses Brother printers. Not a HP, Canon or Epson in sight!

I have used this once with a HP printer on somebody elses network and it went very smoothly. I have both this and Print PocketPC on my Jornada for all eventualities, but I really do wish that Microsoft would just add printing as a natvie funtion in Windows Mobile.

jump23
05-14-2004, 04:55 PM
It works great with Westtek's Clearvue sweet. It lets you print word docs, excel docs, images, and pdfs.

Darius Wey
05-15-2004, 04:13 PM
It works great with Westtek's Clearvue sweet. It lets you print word docs, excel docs, images, and pdfs.

There is also good integration with the Repligo viewer from Cerience.

http://www.cerience.com

Trimac20
05-17-2004, 05:03 AM
Yes, very nice. But if only every printer had bluetooth built-in. A small BT photo-sized printer costs a hefty $400+ so at the moment it is hardly worth it.

AggieJon
05-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Yes, very nice. But if only every printer had bluetooth built-in. A small BT photo-sized printer costs a hefty $400+ so at the moment it is hardly worth it.

Not really, you can print to any printer you can access over the network. You don't need to use bluetooth at all.

Stephen Beesley
05-17-2004, 08:53 AM

Not really, you can print to any printer you can access over the network. You don't need to use bluetooth at all.

Any printer that is one of the HP, Canon or Epson models that it supports. If like me you are stuck with something else then no joy....

gmusser
08-28-2004, 04:45 AM
Has anyone managed to print from a PocketPC using HP Mobile Printing over Wi-Fi to a Mac OS X (or any CUPS) shared printer? I can't get the darned thing to work

George