View Full Version : Annoyances

ixion
03-31-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi, basically Im getting really peeved off with the little bubble pop up thing that appears at the top of my H4155 telling me that it can't connect.

At home I use a BT connection to my home PC
At work I use a USB connection to my work PC
At home I access the internet via wifi
At work I access the internet via wifi

I do not use dial up networking, have not configured a connection and have not attempted to

Why on earth do I keep getting this stupid message at the top telling me that I cannot connect to x, y and z when I am not connected to anything or attempting to connect to anything. ie. on a train and have the wifi/BT turned off? This message also keeps turning my device on and off every 5 minutes, I could understand receiving this message if I was actually trying to do something, but listening to mp3's and browsing through my AS inbox hardly requires a connection to something

Steven Cedrone
03-31-2004, 01:50 PM
Do you have your inbox set up to pull mail after X number of minutes?

Steve

ixion
03-31-2004, 04:04 PM
nope

Steven Cedrone
03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
How about trying some of the things mentioned in this thread! (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26298&highlight=)

Steve

ixion
04-01-2004, 07:45 AM
yeah I have read through that thread but I dont have any backup software running. I have done a hard re-set, re-configured all my connections etc and it still pops up with this unable to connect bubble at the top - really winding me up