View Full Version : iPAQ 1940 stuck in bootloader screen

buzz_lightyear
03-31-2004, 07:34 AM
Hi,

after successful upgrade of ROM 1.10, I copied extracted SoftPAQ files to Pocket PC, I wanted to move them to other location, but I accidentally executed the "EnterBootLoader.exe" on the iPAQ.

Since then I have just white screen with logo in the middle and two lines at the top of the screen showing "1.07".
It is exactly the same screen, which I saw during normal upgrade. Just those two progress bars at the bottom are missing.

I tried many HResets, removing battery... etc
Nothing helped.

I noticed, that when it is connected to my desktop (with USB), I'm getting "Unrecognised USB device" in the Win Device Manager.
If connected and I make the Hreset, "HP USB Sync" device is shown.

However, none of programs can communicate with it. Tried update again, ActiveSync, MTTY, NDW, Host11... Nothing works...
Only response from iPAQ is, while connetcetd with MTTY to \.\\WCEUSBSH001, when I type "usb" in the terminal and send it to iPAQ. After that the USB connection is somehow interrupted...

http://www.mixman.sk/04033000.jpg

Is there any way to terminate that program or to force it to take the flash again?

Does anybody know any key combinations at the boot time (like on other iPAQs) to invoke some "parrot" or anything else???

THANX

groan
03-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Afraid not. i tried everything and in the end, called HP and they said send it in.