View Full Version : How to disable backlight while playing MP3 in my E-125

taky
03-31-2004, 06:20 AM
Hi everybody, im trying to reduce battery consuption while playing MP3 on my cassiopeia E-125, is it posible to have my cassio "ON" but the backlight "OFF" , please if anybody knows how to do this (software) i will apreciate! :D

danesh
03-31-2004, 06:34 AM
Yes, it is possible to play mp3s with your backlight off. Go to settings and backlight, then check the box next to the text "Turn backlight off if device is not used for". You can select the minutes after which the backlight has to be turned off. If you select 1 minute, the light will be switched off after a minute. Hope this helps.

prismejon
03-31-2004, 07:28 AM
I use PocketMusic (http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm) to play Mp3s; it has the possibility to assign a hardware button to turning the screen off/on. That way I can save a lot of battery while listening to music.

delfuhd
03-31-2004, 10:13 PM
I have found with my old Casio E-115 that there is no way to manually turn the backlight off. You can only turn the screen off through Windows Media Player, and you can do that by assigning a button to it. Otherwise the ol' 'holding the power button down' trick doesn't work. That was probably the only thing that dissapointed me about my E-115. Casio's were amazing...

Janak Parekh
04-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I have found with my old Casio E-115 that there is no way to manually turn the backlight off.
Makes sense. The 115/125's screen, being transmissive, is not really that visible without any backlight.

--janak

solaris
04-06-2004, 08:28 PM
I use screenonoff from tchart. just assign a hardware button to it and it will turn the backlight on/off whenever you want.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~tchart/files/screenonoff.zip

Johnny_S
09-18-2004, 10:46 AM
I might be a bit late with this, but you don't need any special software to turn off your backlight. Withing Windows Media Player, you have the option to assign certain functions to keys. There is one function to toggle the backlight. I don't have my e-125 on me right now, but if you have troubles let me know.