View Full Version : need a good gsm manager app

nirav28
03-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I've got an Ipaq 4150 and a nokia 3650. I've been using both for GPRS connectivity while on the road. Its great for email and surfing.

But I need something to help me manage SMS message (send/receive)and maybe dialing from the contacts list.

So far I've downloaded and tried "Running Voice GSM". But I found it somewhat clunky and unreliable. It was great for dialing GPRS and phone. But it kinda sucked for sending SMS. Sometimes the messages would go through, sometimes it would fail.

I tried a trial version of Mobem's mPhone. It worked great. However it didn't quite support everything the Nokia 3650 had to offer. I couldn't sync phone's address book with PPC address book. Since it didn't have built in support for the 3650. Sending SMS was great. However, it couldn't notify me of any incoming SMS messages from the phone to the PPC.

So far all the GSM managers I found on handango don't seem to support the 3650 very well. Basically I'm looking for a all in one package. Phone Dialer, GPRS dialer, Ring tone edit/send and SMS. Picture messaging from PPC would be nice also.

Can anyone point me to a app they've used or have had some experience with along with a Nokia 3650 and Ipaq??

Let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

nirav

davenicholls
03-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi,

I have a different phone and PPC (Ipaq 2210 & Nokia 6310i) but in case they work for you, the apps I use are:

Smart GSM (www.smartsoftworks.com)
Pocket Phonetools (www.bvrp.com)

Both allow SMS, Phonebook management and dialling, Smart GSM adds editing for picture messages and logos, plus ringtones. Pocket Phonetools includes fax send and receive, and WAP browsing.

Regards

Dave