View Full Version : HP Photosmart Camera

Darius Wey
03-29-2004, 05:10 AM
After spending 10 minutes scratching my head, deciding where to put this post, i thought this section of the forum was the most appropriate.

Thinking about getting the hp photosmart 1.3mp 4x dig zoom (SDIO) camera for my 1940...

first of all, i'm getting it at about A$150, which is about US$110 - is that cheap?

secondly, is this sdio camera worth it or can u recommend something else

thirdly, anyone experiencing any problems with it?

cheers.

DVD
03-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Thinking about getting the hp photosmart 1.3mp 4x dig zoom (SDIO) camera for my 1940...

.... i'm getting it at about A$150, which is about US$110 - is that cheap?

secondly, is this sdio camera worth it or can u recommend something else

thirdly, anyone experiencing any problems with it?

cheers.

Bought one for A$148 3 weeks ago (Harris Tech). Works with my 5550, but my wife's 3950 refuses to recognise it, even though I've installed the software. (Still haven't bothered working my way through HP's overseas outsourced "customer service" to find out if it's an issue with 3950s in general.)

1.3Mpx is fine for snaps, but not to be confused with a serious camera. But the HP camera has 2 serious limitations: it has no flash facillity, so it needs a lot of ambient light; and it's manual focus, which is quite fiddly to use when the camera is facing away from me. You also have to hold the PDA quite steady when you take the photo.