View Full Version : 1945 Wireless internet with Bluetooth

Pocket Pc News
03-29-2004, 01:15 AM
Hey guys I just bought a Bluetooth USB Adapter that goies into my computer. Was wondering how to hook this up so that my pocket pc can access the internet. Like I said I have the bluetooth usb adapter hooked up to my laptop and wanted to make it so that I can just sit down and make my pocket pc work. can someone let me know what to do or how to do this? Thanks guys.

Zack Mahdavi
03-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Hey guys I just bought a Bluetooth USB Adapter that goies into my computer. Was wondering how to hook this up so that my pocket pc can access the internet. Like I said I have the bluetooth usb adapter hooked up to my laptop and wanted to make it so that I can just sit down and make my pocket pc work. can someone let me know what to do or how to do this? Thanks guys.

The easiest thing to do is to use the bluetooth manager to establish an ActiveSync connection to your computer via bluetooth.... and bang! you've got internet!

Pocket Pc News
03-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Hey I'm glad your trying to help me on this but I really do not understand what you are saying is there any other way that you can help me. Maybe do you have msn or aim. if you do plz tell me i'm trying to set this up for my mother. Thanks man

Darius Wey
03-29-2004, 04:41 AM
First of all, it helps to have ActiveSync installed (which I hope you do).
Go to Tools-Options in ActiveSync (on Windows that is), and select the last tab, and choose 'The Internet' as the Pass Through method.

Also, I'm assuming you have all your drivers etc. installed on your computer with the ActiveSync service enabled for your USB Adapter.

On the PPC, turn Bluetooth on, go to the Bluetooth manager and create a new ActiveSync connection by going to New-Connect.
It's all straightforward as you just follow the wizard.

Once that's done, connect through the ActiveSync Connection and you should be able to access the net.