View Full Version : Inbox Unresolved Item

55Kevy
03-27-2004, 02:55 AM
AS has started giving me an 'Error Converting File' message on every sync. This is for the Inbox and the message says 'Cannot convert file 'attxxx'' where 'xxx' is a different alphanumeric every time I try to resolve the item. I assume this refers to an attachment on an email message. The rest of the error message box says 'The file converted could not read the required data from disk'. I was just on a road trip and connecting remotely through my company's RAS server (using my CF modem) and the problem seemed to multiply, but it's hard to tell with phone line connectivity problems and lack of data on the PPC end of the sync.

When I returned to the office and attempted to sync with the cradle AS just hung up. So I tried rebooting: no go. Tried shutting down: still hung. So I've uninstalled and reinstalled AS 3.7 (that's all I can do in my company system) and I still get 1 unresolved item in the inbox. Any suggestions? And I leave this Sunday on another trip, this time to South Africa so it would be really really nice to get this resolved (pun intended).

Kevy

jimski
03-27-2004, 07:10 AM
When I have had this problem (more than once) I work backwards on my Inbox setting until I filtered out the offending email message/attachment. Then I restore the original settings a few days later.

For example, I normally sync all messages for 7 days. I would first try 6, then 5 and so on until I got a successful sync. Or I might just not sync a particular folder, like sent or read.

Don't know why this happens, but I do know it usually happens the night before a long business trip. I am running 2 for 2.