View Full Version : Boston Pocket PC Reviews Imageer 1.1

Jason Dunn
03-25-2004, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.bostonpocketpc.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=158' target='_blank'>http://www.bostonpocketpc.com/modul...wcontent&id=158</a><br /><br /></div>"I have tried MANY imaging applications for the Pocket PC, even my favorite desktop viewer ACDSee port to the Pocket PC, which didn't quite live up to my expectations, and I have found Imageer to be the best and fastest imaging application(even with large images) so far. I have used many others that litterly choked or locked up the PocketPC in trying to view large images. Imageer handled those same images without any problems. I especially like Imageer's ability to edit and view images on the fly, by just pulling your memory card from your camera and inserting it into the PocketPC and having Imageer recognize it and ask you what you would like to do with the Memory card like Windows XP does. <br /><br />Being a first version there are always wish requests, I would love to see in future versions, the ability to print from a thumbnail or photo, currently I would have to open a photo and then exit (or minimize) Imageer and then print with another application. It would be great to do this from one application. Another wish list item that would go hand in hand with the ability to print, would be "proportioned cropping", that would allow for an image to be cleanly cropped to set image size say for a 4x6", 5x7", 8x10", 11x17" picture so a picture could be printed properly on a printer (Now that most cameras now support the ability to print directly from the camera's USB port the image could be saved to a memory card and reinserted into the camera). Also I am a big histogram guy and play with those settings the most when tweaking my images and would love to see some support or even a graphical output of that information of the image when changing the RGB channel values similar to the default iPAQ picture viewer. Those I have shown it to, they are very impressed with all the capabilities this program provides."<br /><br />Boston Pocket PC has written up a very thorough review of Imageer, the product that I worked on with Spb Software House. I'm biased of course, but I was pleased to see the final score of 4.9 out of 5 - that tells me we hit pretty close to the mark on our first version, and things will continue to get even better with future versions. :-)

foebea
03-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Hoorah for Imageer!
I've tried em all, and I have to agree - Imageer is doing it right.

Gareth Lock
03-25-2004, 09:56 PM
I use Imageer quite extensively.

3 requests I have.

1. I shoot using an S2 Pro, sometimes in RAW. I would love to be able to view the embedded Jpeg with the RAW file to see how the capture went.

2. A means to view the histogram.

3. A means to desaturate the image while colour channels are displayed like channel mixer to monochrome in PS.

The main reason for the last one is so that I can, again, see how the image will come out as most of my final work is mono (http://www.imagesoflife.co.uk)

Gareth