View Full Version : sprite back up

gq12o
03-24-2004, 07:09 PM
does sprite basically make a ghost image of my ppc??

i have a program that i use to send SMS. it syncs with my phone thru bluetooth, and it saves all my messages. will sprite backup everything..including things in the program? (ie my messages)

Jason Dunn
03-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Yes, if you configure it to back up your entire device, that's exactly what it will do. :mrgreen:

VisualMonster
03-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Nice thing about sprite is that it copies your registry also (along with everything else). It can perform backups on the fly, with a set schedule, or when your batteries reach a certain level (15%). You can select whether to save the image as an executable (.exe). To run this backup, all you have to do is launch that .exe, works great! It also comes with some extra utilities that you might find useful...

phritosan
03-26-2004, 12:35 AM
alot of people put the self extracting backup (the exe) on a storage card, so if they have to hard reset or some other catastrophe, they can run the exe from the card and every thing is pretty again :D

CTSLICK
03-26-2004, 03:34 AM
alot of people put the self extracting backup (the exe) on a storage card, so if they have to hard reset or some other catastrophe, they can run the exe from the card and every thing is pretty again :D

Mine is set to do this daily and its set to keep the last two backups. I have used the self extracting files twice after hard resets, worked fantastic. Whew!