View Full Version : PocketPC & Car Mount Hardware Problems

tvos
03-24-2004, 02:51 PM
I recently purchased the car mount for my pocket pc (AudioVox Thera 2032) which was from www.seidio.com. I noticed its basically a piece of junk and not truely stable to meet my needs.

Can anyone out there suggest a alternative or a better holding device for my ppc?

Thank You,

Tvos

beckp
03-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Check out www.proclipusa.com
You get a mount that specific to your car (often 2 or more choices as to where to mount) and then a clip that's custom to your PDA. It's about the most custom solution you can getm though not cheap. I have one of their sets and it's outstanding.

If you are using it for GPS since it hard to hear the PDA speaker you can either go the route of one of those cassette adapters to plug into the PDA headphone jack which works good but you can't listen to music. What I did was to go to Best Buy, and bought a cheap ($20) set of battery powered speakers for CD players, etc. You need to make sure that they don't have to be used in a pair (Had some Koss ones that do, the Sony ones don't). I took the single speaker ( the one with the batteries, on/off switch and volume) and made a bracket so it fits on one of my cup holders right on the side of my seat. I can listen to music via the car stereo and also hear the GPS commands loud & clear as well as being able to contol it's volume. Works great.