View Full Version : Pocket Top Keyboard

woffles
03-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Well, I bought the new driver for my pocket top keyboard. I used to use it with my Zaurus and it really performed well. Unfortunately, either their driver isn't very well written or something either hardware or software wise on my 2215 just doesn't like it. Does anybody know anything about the ir on these things? It seems to have a really small buffer. If I hold a key down it will print the character 50 times and then stop. I have to lift up on the key and press down again for it to print again. Trying to use it normally is like typing on an old slow electric type writer. The characters and clicks can't keep up with me even when not typing very fast. I can type just as fast with the stylus. I contacted Pocket Top and they said to do a hard reset and reinstall the driver. I wanted to load the new 1.10 so I went ahead and did it. No difference in the performance. Does anybody else have one of these things and a 2215 and how does it perform for you? On my Zaurus it clicks and types as fast as I can go with no hesitation. I'd expect it to do the same on a PDA that is twice as fast.

delfuhd
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
I got the driver that was released prior to PockeTop charging for them, and if I type mroe than 5 words it starts to lag and the characters being displayed can't keep up with me, but it's not too bad. I've learned to live iwth it, but I don't think it's as bad as youre saying...

woffles
03-24-2004, 08:22 PM
The main thing I am wondering is if it is a design fault in the IR, a bug in WM2003 or Pocket Top's driver. I've seen how this keyboard should perform, it flies on my Zaurus with zero hesitation. I'm a fairly good touch typist and it makes it almost impossible for me to use. I can't listen to the clicks to hear if I missed a character because it's a few behind me. If I was a hunt and peck typist I probably wouldn't notice it but the performance is just unacceptable. Maybe when a bluetooth keyboard for it comes out it won't be too expensive.