View Full Version : Copy VHS to Computer

hoffm11
03-24-2004, 01:30 AM
I am looking for a way to copy VHS tapes to my computer so I can burn them to DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions?

tRiBaLmUnKy
03-24-2004, 02:18 AM
a decent video capture card in your computer connected to your vcr with proper software should do the trick, i have an ati all in wonder 9800 pro, all i have to do is connect my vcr to my purple input block thing then fire up ATI TV and start recording through there

`helios
03-24-2004, 02:18 AM
A good way to do it is to get a video adaptor. USB 2 or firewire is best. All you'll have to do is plug the vcr into the video in feed and then capture...

try going to the newsest Thoughts site, Digital Media Thoughts

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com

great site!

The Yaz
03-25-2004, 09:27 PM
If you have a free usb port, you can get a video converter (Wintv-pvr usb 2.0) from this company www.hauppage.com . It comes with a nice set of software programs that will get your video digital.

They even have a program that turns your computer into a tivo-like device.

I've been copying video onto CD-R's in what they call VCD until I get a DVD burner.

Good luck!

Steve 8)

Vasant56
04-03-2004, 12:56 AM
What I did (I found it the easiest) is use a TV tuner (if you have one available) and connect it to your computer via the composite (or whatever you have), I then went into the Windows Movie Maker, and clicked "capture video". I just set my settings to what I want (resolution, quality, etc), clicked capture, and pressed play on my VCR. There is a little screen in the window which shows you what is recording.