View Full Version : Did I miss discussion of Handmark Express?

Mark_Venture
03-24-2004, 01:09 AM
I don't think I saw this talked about, and searching I didn't find about it...

http://express.handmark.com/

"Handmark Express Delivers: news, weather, sports, stocks, directory lookups, maps and directions automatically and on-demand to WiFi PDAs and smartphones...."

Its a subscription service that appears to be a rival to Avantgo with a few additional features.

Has there been a review yet?

Kevin Remhof
03-24-2004, 02:20 AM
Interesting. The price3 seems a bit steep though. $6.99 a month or $69.90 a year. But, if the content is good, it might be worth it. Handmark has always put out quality software. Nice to see a competitor to AvantGo. Since this is payware, it should have better reliability and support.

Empyrean
04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
I just stumbled across this. Anyone using it?

--AJ

piperpilot
04-27-2004, 12:27 PM
I have done a one-month trial and am not thoroughly impressed. I had it tracking scores from Boston Red Sox games, only the scores that it updated were a week old. It also isn't very intuitive in terms of set up and when I removed it from my iPAQ at the end of last week, not all of it was removed so it kept trying to load and update. I had to go through all the files on my device and delete all references to it in order to get my device working properly again. I like the concept of it--it's much more configurable than Avantgo, but I think they have to work on refreshing the information that it provides and work out some of the bugs in it.