View Full Version : Help! 1945

Pocket Pc News
03-22-2004, 03:34 AM
Hey guys this is my first pocket pc I ever had. I had a palm but we going into the store the other day and was looking at the new palms. Looked some more and I saw these Pocket PC's they were like minny computers. look around at them then compared. I love to play games ect. on my palm right now and there arnt to many things to do on a palm as there in on a pocket pc. I decided to order it and I did comes sometime this week and I CAN'T WAIT looks like I will be haveing alot of fun messing and downloading things to this. I really want to get on the internet with it but was just wondering howmuch is it to get on this? or if I can use my minuts on my phone on the pocket pc. and maybe you guys can say some cool stuff that I can download should download just to give me a heads up. I really dont want to pay for software to put on my pocket pc but if you guys dont mind can you tell me some free pocet pc game/software sites. Thanks guy ever bit of info means alot to me on the start of my adventure with my new pocket pc :)!

Janak Parekh
03-22-2004, 04:53 AM
Congrats on your order.

Re internet: depends on where you want to connect. You can get WiFi access, which'll enable the use of hotspots and a wireless network (if you have one) at home. Alternatively, some cell phones are capable of data -- depends on which one and which provider.

Re software: there's lots of software, some free, some not free. If you want free, Google for "pocket pc freeware" -- there are a number of sites that'll be helpful...

--janak

Darius Wey
03-22-2004, 06:44 AM
every so often there'll be one of those 'essential software/freeware' topics popping up in the Software section...have a look in there.

And the Wireless section will let you explore your internet options. :D

Ripper014
03-22-2004, 07:25 AM
With Wifi you will need to pruchase a third party Wifi Card in order to get access... even if you do have an accesspoint available to you. The other option, though not nearly as good with significantly less range is Bluetooth which you have built into you device.

If you have a bluetooth enabled phone you may be able to access the net through it.

For software there are several sites that provide freeware... and the one mentioned above would be one of my favorites.