View Full Version : 5550 ROM update problems?

nosmohtac
03-22-2004, 03:18 AM
I'm trying to install the ROM update for the 5550, and when I open it, it looks like it's starting to install, then comes back with an error window.
The error says "System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found."

I tried downloading it again, and got the same error message

What, if anything, am I doing wrong.

dhettel
03-22-2004, 04:59 AM
I haven't seen that error before. :cry:

You might want to post the ROM version of your 5550 and the ROM upgrade you are trying to run. Wit a link to the page.

Generally I recommend doing a Hard Reset before upgrading the ROM, and again after the upgrade if it writes to ROM. Also recommend doing it with a bare iPAQ (no sleeve or pack on it, no SD card in it) while it is connected to the AC adapter.

Location should be set to the USA, and language should be set to the USA, but that doesn't look like it would be a problem for you. iPAQ do not like to be upgraded if set to England, or other English language countries. And the 5550 and 5555 need to NOT be set to use the fingerprint reader, or ask for a password before trying to upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Darius Wey
03-22-2004, 05:12 AM
make sure your usb connection is not through a hub - needs to be a direct one...dunno if that'll solve it though.

nosmohtac
03-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the input.

It was my desktop PC. I don't know what's wrong with it. I did have a virus a few weeks ago, but I wiped everything out, and started with a fresh OS again. I tried upgrading the ROM from my laptop, and that seemed to work.