View Full Version : Flycam CF Camera

airconvent
03-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi,
Anyone bought this camera and have any problems with this?

I previously owned a Jornada Pocket Camera and now regretted selling it is as it gives a decent image for 640x480 resolution.
This 1.3MP flycam cf camera that I just bought is bad. the guy who sold to me claimed he had no problems with it on his ipaq but I have not been able to get it working on my jornada 568. I had 8MB free but when I used the capture software, it only takes pics in 320x120 and 640 x 480 mode. when trying to use 1.3MP, it says not enough memory and aborts.

Using the separate test software, 1.3MP mode can take pics but the hourglass appears forever. I had to close the program...
I contacted the company in taiwan but apparently, they can't help either.

Anyone with a jornada has this problem? the pda is listed as "tested working" on flycam's website. If I still cannot get it to work, I would have to write this off as a total loss since the guy refuses to take it back or maybe it works on the ipaq instead?

also, anyone has ever compared the images taken between the following cameras>

HP Jornada 640x480 camera
Veo 640x 480 camera
pretec 1.3mp camera
flycam 1.3 mp camera

i was told by many the jornada camera takes the best pics!

thanks in advance.

airconvent
04-09-2004, 01:48 PM
mm..nobody seems to be using CF cameras in this forum...sigh

anyway, I found the solution myself. Realised that in order to take 1.3MP images, I had to have around 20MB of RAM free! After I deleted files down to that size, the camera can take 1.3MP images. The best images are about 800K per photo at that resolution, hence I get the same problem again after taking a few photos.
I also tried it on Toshiba E740 and pointed the files to the SD card and it works ok!